Bigger than usual | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bigger than usual

I'm 5.4 this is my first pregnancy im 8 weeks and my stomach seems very big for how far I am. I've herd shorter torso women may show more then women with more space, I'm just wondering has anyone else had this problem. I get asked if I'm atleast a few months and people are astonished I'm Only a few weeks. Could bloating also be a factor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I'm shorter than you and I popped out really fast even with my first child. By my 3rd I was being told at 20 weeks by strangers I looked ready to give birth any day I find smaller women show more, including weight wise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 5'2. I took ages to show with first pregnancy and showed quicker with 2nd and 3rd pregnancy but wasn't looking bigger than I should have.
    Could be bloating op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 5'2 and all three pregnancies I look ready to pop by the mid point!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am short (short torso) - I had a belly in 1st tri but most of it is all bloat. It got worse at the end of the day.

Everyone will always yammer on about you being 'huge' or 'small' or whatever. Ignore them. I was always told I looked like I was having twins or a huuuuge baby. I had 3kg for 1st and a 2.9kg for 2nd.

I was not huge. I was normal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bigger than usual

I'm short and also normally weight 60kg or just under. This is me at 8.5 weeks! I'm huge. But also been on bedrest so eating ridiculously with no exercise and a heap of support meds. IMG_1473326690.509294.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you

Thanks for your responses glad to hear I'm not the only one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some people just pop out more I'm tallish with some extra padding and every doctor that saw me with my second baby thought I was at least 3-4 weeks ahead. That's by my uterus size too, not belly fat. 2 GP's asked if I was having twins 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am short (short torso) - I had a belly in 1st tri but most of it is all bloat. It got worse at the end of the day.

Everyone will always yammer on about you being 'huge' or 'small' or whatever. Ignore them. I was always told I looked like I was having twins or a huuuuge baby. I had 3kg for 1st and a 2.9kg for 2nd.

I was not huge. I was normal.
    I agree - I could be told a dozen different things, all in the same day! Oh you're big for dates, oh must be a small baby you're tiny, blah blah! Are you having twins,

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was showing at 6wks this time! I was mortified. When I came clean to work at 12 wks a few people told me they'd noticed I'd put on weight round my tummy but thought I'd just hit the biscuit barrel! First one I could easily hide until about 14 wks I think! I'm also short 5'2 and quite little with a short torso so I reckon the only place it has to grow is outwards! I'm now 24 wks and look like I have a ball shoved down my top! Always bigger at the end of the day for sure!