Just too nervous. | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I to am a first time mum and was scared when i found out i was pregnant about how the birth would go. Honestly im not going to lie, it hurts....its the most painful thing u will do but also the most rewarding ☺ once u look at your babies beautiful little face for the first time, well its a feeling i can't describe, its just amazing. I would do it again tomorrow and my daughter is only 10 weeks. Just enjoy your pregnancy and dont stress about it, fear produces pain so try to just stay focused on the happy side of it and not the painful part. Congratulations ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    You sound very stressed but please try to relax. Look at all the mums around you. We all survived and while it's not the most pleasant experience I've never received a gift more precious than my children. It's worth the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    I understand your fear about birth! I'm terrified as well. So much that my plan is to get an elective c-section so I am more in control of the situation and know what I can expect and when. I ain't even pregnant yet!

Just...whatever you do...don't look up birth horror stories. Look up birthing options and positive stories. While it's good to know the risks so you can make an informed decision, don't spend all your time reading up on the worst of the worst experiences. There's just no point. Research your options and go from there.
    Just on this - I had a similar thought to birth before pregnancy. I was planning on going into my appointment and telling the ob I wanted a csection.

Turns out I had MS and was tired and did not bring it up. The ob pretty much never mentioned it and just talked about a VB. As time progressed I just kinda went with the flow. I did panic a little at the end and had an induction so it was more 'controlled' but it wasn't as bad as I imagined pre pregnancy at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes labour and birth hurts, but then it's done. You forget. Focus on the beautiful life you are bringing into the world. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't stress about the labour and the you can be in while your still in early stages of your pregnancy. This is the time to enjoy yourself and all the free time you'll have. Having had 2 births both completely different. 1 natural and over in 4 hrs with only the gas to suck on and the other 8.5wks ago and an elective c-sec that was planned as an emergency due to some complications that would see me not be able to delivery natural. I can honestly say I'd take natural any day. The pain is horrible yes but once your baby is out you'll cramp for a few days and the pain is gone. A c-sec you can't do anything for 6 wks. I went stir crazy but I'm thankful now I can finally get back to normal but the recovery is a hell of a lot longer, my wound is still numb

Enjoy being preggers and the peace and quit you have as a couple while you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally freaked out when I started looking into labour as well. I suddenly realised I had no idea about anything!! The lovely ladies on here suggested a book called Birth Skills and my local library had it. I found it very reassuring, and I started taking things a bit easier. Then I totally switched off until my last trimester!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I feel lot better now. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had 4 births. Each was unique and very painful but look how many times I went back. There are things in parenthood that will hurt much more (seeing you baby sick for the first time for example) and the physical pain will be a distant memory. Once labour starts, the only way to make it stop (provided its term and progressing normally) is to get through the other side of it. Each contraction you have, is one less you have to do now. That's how I got through them. You will get through them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's not the birth you should be worried about. Regardless of what happens it usually over in a day or so. Parenting is way harder and that lasts a lifetime!!
    Personally I see a lot of people so focused on the labour and birth plans and making sure everything is perfect for the birth but I think it's better to go in educated but ready to go with the flow and channel your energy into working out what kind of parent you want to be, what skills do you need for the newborn phase etc good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's natural to feel the way you do, hon. Like some others ladies said, I want to go back and give birth all over again! Mine were very short and I feel cheated out of the beginning and middle bits (although I'm told I didn't miss much).

About the article, I'm a health lawyer and I've seen cases like that. Yes, they do happen, but rarely. They are more common in multiple births, premature and overdue babies (I've requested to be induced on my due date each time for these reasons, but everyone agrees that's overkill). Even with prematurity, though, 95% of babies born at 28 weeks are not born with CP. We've become very good at avoiding it, particularly at the severe end of spectrum like that little boy.

I'd just try and enjoy your pregnancy, with the usual precautions around diet, exercise and monitoring movements after 24 weeks.