+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just too nervous.

Hey all! I'm just one week pregnant and I know there's time, but I'm too nervous about the birth and labor. Is it really very painful? It's my first time, so I'm just too nervous. Moreover, I've always been scared of doctors and other medical stuffs and I'm really scared of how I'm gonna deal with this. I know it's really the most beautiful thing to become a mother, but I'm just too nervous. Moreover, I even happened to read this case as I was searching for articles related to pregnancy and child birth. http://www.sommersandroth.com/wp-con...ronto-Star.pdf Well, this child sure got rich, but then he suffered several brain damages. And all this happened when his mom was in labor. Well, off course it was the fault of the hospital, but yet, isn't there chances of complications to arise? Since, there's nothing specifically mentioned about the medical case, I was just wanting to know what exactly, could have been the reason? Does anyone know of this case? It's an old one. I know I shouldn't be thinking of all this, but I feel probably getting to know more about everything, would help me more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't clicked the link but I think you're worrying unnecessarily!

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy! You would be about 5 weeks pregnant I assume, not 1 week (that's plain impossible)..

Secondly, please go to a book store and pick up a couple of books about pregnancy. They will answer a lot of your questions and put your mind at ease.

What to expect when you're expecting is always a good start.. For birth & labour, I suggest "gentle birth gentle mothering".

http://sarahbuckley.com/gentle-birth-gentle-mothering

It's a beautifully worded book that helps you focus on the sensations of labour rather than the pain.

Yes it hurts pushing a baby out of your vagina but that isn't something you need to worry about for another 8 months.. So just spend this time getting to know your body and your growing baby and all the things to expect with pregnancy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

eyelet80  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey thank you so much for the suggestion. Yes, I know I'm worrying too much. But, you know it's hard to stop thinking. But yes, I'll try to enjoy my pregnancy, rather worry. Thank you once again for suggesting the book. Means a lot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Henrita For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it hurts. A lot.

But I'd do it a trillion times over! It's an amazing experience!

Don't be nervous, just go with it!

Wishing you an easy pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it hurts but every one worries about birth and labour. I did each time and l've had 3 little cherubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you may not end up having a vaginal birth. you could go for an elective cesarean or end up with an emergency cesarean (as I did).

the drugs on offer for childbirth are pretty good. it's not childbirth I'd be worried about, it's the bit called parenting afterwards - there's no epidural for that

only joking. it's not that bad. congrats on your pregnancy! as others have suggested, I'd keep away from scary articles and just focus on yourself and your baby. buy some books about pregnancy and get educated. there's so much info out there. good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pregnant with my second, and as crazy as it sounds, I'm looking forward to the birth. Yes it bloody hurts, but there is pain relief there if you need it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    you may not end up having a vaginal birth. you could go for an elective cesarean or end up with an emergency cesarean (as I did).

the drugs on offer for childbirth are pretty good. it's not childbirth I'd be worried about, it's the bit called parenting afterwards - there's no epidural for that

only joking. it's not that bad. congrats on your pregnancy! as others have suggested, I'd keep away from scary articles and just focus on yourself and your baby. buy some books about pregnancy and get educated. there's so much info out there. good luck!
    Don't scare the poor girl too much lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Birth hurts. But its a fact of life. And these days there are plenty of drugs available for pain anyway.

That article is from a birth from 1986. Honestly, stop looking for stories about bad births.

If you want to see some births try watching one born every minute (uk version is better IMO).

Women have been pregnant and giving birth for a long time before us and will continue to do so.

With so many choices for care (shared/midwife/public/privwte/ob/homebirth etc etc) you will be fine.

Just relax. Try and enjoy the time you have before bub comes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I understand your fear about birth! I'm terrified as well. So much that my plan is to get an elective c-section so I am more in control of the situation and know what I can expect and when. I ain't even pregnant yet!

Just...whatever you do...don't look up birth horror stories. Look up birthing options and positive stories. While it's good to know the risks so you can make an informed decision, don't spend all your time reading up on the worst of the worst experiences. There's just no point. Research your options and go from there.