+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maca - yay or nay?

Hi ladies,

Just looking for experience with maca.

I'm cd15 and pretty sure I haven't ovulated yet, 2 days of ewcm, then watery cm, then today its ewcm, but with some creamy bits. I've got no idea what's going on? I ovulated cd13 last month.

I guess what my real question is, can it delay ovulation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okayyyyyy......
    Guess there isn't anyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took it to try and regulate my cycle after coming off the pill as the first time I came off it I had a 57 day cycle. Second time I started maca and it was about 38 days from memory. My cycle would vary from 32-39 days. I think you have to take it for a while before it takes effect? Not sure if it would work straight away or not? Hopefully someone else can help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry, I don't know what maca is? But ovulation can happen late a lot. I ovulated 8 days late in my first pregnancy I don't know if that helps you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies

I just couldn't figure out why I haven't yet cd16 today.... no stress either, excitement rather as we go on holiday next week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brodiesmummy2011 View Post
    Thanks ladies

I just couldn't figure out why I haven't yet cd16 today.... no stress either, excitement rather as we go on holiday next week!
    I started taking Maca last cycle and like u have increased cm and ewcm but my follicles didn't grow and the affects of clomid were nil, also meaning I didn't ovulate at all.
    Not sure whether it is from the Maca or not but have decided to not take it this month and go through our 4th clomid cycle and see what happens
    I might just being a little skeptical but I was so debased when I found out the clomid didn't work that I needed to blame something and the Maca seemed like the most logical part

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Trytryandtryagain View Post
    I started taking Maca last cycle and like u have increased cm and ewcm but my follicles didn't grow and the affects of clomid were nil, also meaning I didn't ovulate at all.
    Not sure whether it is from the Maca or not but have decided to not take it this month and go through our 4th clomid cycle and see what happens
    I might just being a little skeptical but I was so debased when I found out the clomid didn't work that I needed to blame something and the Maca seemed like the most logical part
    Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear your cycle was a bust.

I'm assumingi did O,as my cm has changed, no O pain though - odd!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I usually O around day 20+ and cycles have been 32 - 35 days but since Macca my cycle came down to 30 days and I seemed to have O today at CD14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maca was horrible for me. After experiences with vitex and maca I decided never to take 'hormone balancing' herbs again without getting tests to see what was actually happening with my hormones first.

Re maca - I usually O'd CD 23ish, maca delayed my O indefinitely until I stopped taking it. It also made me furiously angry the whole time I was on it. Really screwed my hormones up and took months for things to get back to normal :/