Struggling | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Struggling

Finding it hard to function each day becoming harder & harder.
    Looking after my child who is chronically ill, a 13 girl giving me major issues at school & home and caring for my ill parents is taking its toll on my mental health. I really want to work but cannot find how I could fit it in with all these people to care for and my husband resents me for not working. Then on top of all that he expects me to have dinner ready, iron shirts, clean house etc all on my own.

I feel that life is one big drudgery, I must have depression as I feel sad all the time. Today I was going to look after me but again I have sick kids home so no chance of going to doc for me to get meds which I think I need.

Any advice on how to move forward and feel positive when I see only darkness.

PlayNice is offline Saving the world one chocolate at a time
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

Just want you to know you're not alone. A lot of us struggle and it sounds like there is a lot going on in your life.

You've got a lot of stressors, its ok to feel sad and overwhelmed. But to take care of all these other people, you need to take care of yourself. It sounds cliche but its 100% true.

Start my planning something small for yourself each day. A bath, or 30 minutes quiet time to yourself after your kids go to bed. When you have the strength and time, plan to see a dr to talk about what supports they can suggest.

I hear you and I am sorry you're having such a tough time. You deserve to give yourself the care you give to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You've done so well to keep going considering all that's going on! But you can't take all that pressure forever. I've recently managed to convince my DP to get a cleaner in once a fortnight as its just too much sometimes to get through it all.
    Try sitting down with your DH to discuss what effect everything is having on you and try to find some solutions to the expectations you're feeling are falling on you.
    There are people you can call, and depending on where in Aus you are there are home visiting GPs that maybe you can get around while he kids are napping? Or a late night clinic you can into after they go to bed?
    You need to look after number 1 so you can look after everyone else!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am on anti depressants, l'm not embarrassed to say. They help me get my thoughts straight. Please don't feel ashamed or embarrassed. I would recommend seeing your GP and discussing how you feel. You can get a mental health plan to see a psychologist, it can be great to get stuff off your chest. I know how it feels to be sad all of the time and not know why. As for your husband, it won't hurt him to iron his own bloody shirts and make dinner occasionally. Your kids are your priority but don't forget about yourself. Take time to do things you enjoy. Hugs x
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 07-09-2016 at 22:05.