Faint Positive or Evaporation line? | Page 6 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    I am leaning towards a chemical unfortunately. Again *sigh*

    Thanks for the big hugs and yeah, I've heard about the issues with some FRERS lately.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,872
    Thanks
    170
    Thanked
    509
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Faint Positive or Evaporation line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Miracles View Post
    If you read back to the beginning of this thread you'll see two things. 1. I am on the pill so technically should not ovulate at all and 2. My last withdrawal bleed was not normal. No bleeding, just some old brown discharge that lasted less than two days.

    Based on that, I would be inclined to think that I would of conceived before this, particularly with my first positive out of four, happening a few days after this strange withdrawal bleed.

    And yes, it could of been a faulty test but FOUR of them? And two were not FRERs as well.
    Ah ok sorry darl didn't read the whole thread just bits and pieces. But if your hcg is 1 I'm not sure that is even a chemical? My hcg is always a 1 when I start ivf at the beginning of my cycle. Guess it could have gone down to 1 now and be a chemical?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Ah ok sorry darl didn't read the whole thread just bits and pieces. But if your hcg is 1 I'm not sure that is even a chemical? My hcg is always a 1 when I start ivf at the beginning of my cycle. Guess it could have gone down to 1 now and be a chemical?
    That's okay hun. I figured you just hadn't read the whole thread. Yeah...that's my best guess. That it was a chemical and my HCG level wasn't very high to start with so has dropped back down pretty fast. It's the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

    The bleeding has now stopped again. We'll see if it stays that way or starts up again. The funny thing is with my other chemical pregnancies my symptoms went away pretty quickly but they are still lingering around which confuses me. I suppose maybe it will just take time...

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,662
    Thanks
    6,137
    Thanked
    16,636
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    With the chemicals I had, mine got darker than yours and I got to about 40. But I I retested, got a faint line in the evening, then had bloods the next morning. Results came back 1 and under. So it proved that FRER are ultra sensitive, I would have been maybe 5 that evening? But also the numbers dropped rapidly.

    So I suspect you got to maybe a count of 20, were still getting visible lines then given it was so low, it has very quickly dropped to 1. A count of 1 doesn't mean you weren't pg. Just that now you aren't. Sorry to hear that this wasn't to be

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    Butterfly Miracles  (17-09-2016)

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    With the chemicals I had, mine got darker than yours and I got to about 40. But I I retested, got a faint line in the evening, then had bloods the next morning. Results came back 1 and under. So it proved that FRER are ultra sensitive, I would have been maybe 5 that evening? But also the numbers dropped rapidly.

    So I suspect you got to maybe a count of 20, were still getting visible lines then given it was so low, it has very quickly dropped to 1. A count of 1 doesn't mean you weren't pg. Just that now you aren't. Sorry to hear that this wasn't to be
    Thank you so much hun for your post. Your reassuring words have helped a tonne *hugs*

    I guess now I just got to look forward and hope for a sticky bean sometime in the future. I will be going back to the doctor's though, another one that's more understanding perhaps and request an ultrasound to check my uterus lining and for scar tissue as you suggested.

    Xx

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default This is all too hard :(

    Last night and today has been tough. I keep trying to fool myself into thinking I'm still pregnant which is silly. I've cleary lost it. Peed on a stick this morning and the stark white negative really made it sink in. How can I have possibly lost six pregnancies now in total, five of them chemical ones! And why?! It does not seem fair to me. All I want is my rainbow baby but maybe that's just asking too much?

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0

    Default Something still doesn't feel right...

    So, I know this is probably all in my head and just a case of wishful thinking but I can't shake the feeling something is still going on - pregnant or not.

    I have still mostly all my pregnancy-like symptoms which considering I began to loss the pregnancy a week ago now or actually just over a week, they should well and truly died down by now. That's not the case at all. I'm still experiencing the following symptoms:

    - Bloating, especially in the mornings and evening.
    - Nausea though it has lessened somewhat.
    - Headaches.
    - Breaking out in acne which is highly unusual for me.
    - Urge to pee frequently.
    - Tender, swollen breasts and my nipples are darker than usual and more sensitive/pronounced. Plus, my veins on them are sticking out like a sore thumb.
    - Thick, creamy cervical mucus. I keep thinking I'm bleeding again but it's just discharge when I check.
    - Aversion to some meats, certain foods and even gone off cigarettes which is so unlike me! This I feel is getting worse too!
    - Drolling for goodness sake in my sleep and my gums get sore and occasionally bleed when I brush my teeth.
    - REALLY vivid dreams and I normally remember very little of my dreams ordinarly. Something else which is getting ever more frequent and persistent.
    - Lastly, thirsty and hungry/craving either salty or savory foods.

    I don't know what to make of all the above symptoms hanging around still. Do you think it is possible my body is confused and still trying to adjust? It's just with my other miscarriages, I lost all my symptoms fairly rapidly, usually just before the bleeding would begin. I think I'm going to book into another doctor and get this all checked out...just to be absolutely sure. Do you think it's worthwhile doing so or am I over analysing here?
    Last edited by Butterfly Miracles; 20-09-2016 at 22:20.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,258
    Thanks
    159
    Thanked
    1,139
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think, being on contraception, and having had two negative blood tests, it's safe to say youre not pregnant. Sorry if that's harsh...
    That's not to say there isn't something going on with your body hormonally but id dare say it's not a pregnancy.

    If you're concerned, and obviously you are as you posted, i would see a gp tomorrow and get a referral for a gynecologist to give you the once over and see what's happening.

    PMS or pre-period symptoms can be so very similar to pregnancy. (Just ask any ttc lady in the crazy dreaded tww. You think anything and everything is a sign or symptom!)

    Just curious, are you ttc? Or are you not wanting to be pregnant right now?
    I ask because I've noticed you've had many posts asking are you pregnant or can other hubbers see the lines on your pregnancy tests in recent months (which i myself have seen too. There are lines in the photos you've shared so you aren't crazy) but i just wonder if you're trying or not? Although i believe you were on contraception, then not, now you are again?
    It's possible this could be affecting your hormones and giving you some crazy symptoms too.

    If you're not actively ttc, to alleviate any fear of falling pregnant, might i suggest using two methods of contraception? This *almost* guarentees you won't fall pregnant from having intimate time with your partner. (Condoms and another form such as the pill, implanon, mirena, iud etc.)

    Good luck with your investigations and i how you get some answers
    Last edited by shadowangel0205; 20-09-2016 at 22:36.

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    9
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    I think, being on contraception, and having had two negative blood tests, it's safe to say youre not pregnant. Sorry if that's harsh...
    That's not to say there isn't something going on with your body hormonally but id dare say it's not a pregnancy.

    If you're concerned, and obviously you are as you posted, i would see a gp tomorrow and get a referral for a gynecologist to give you the once over and see what's happening.

    PMS or pre-period symptoms can be so very similar to pregnancy. (Just ask any ttc lady in the crazy dreaded tww. You think anything and everything is a sign or symptom!)

    Just curious, are you ttc? Or are you not wanting to be pregnant right now?
    I ask because I've noticed you've had many posts asking are you pregnant or can other hubbers see the lines on your pregnancy tests in recent months (which i myself have seen too. There are lines in the photos you've shared so you aren't crazy) but i just wonder if you're trying or not? Although i believe you were on contraception, then not, now you are again?
    It's possible this could be affecting your hormones and giving you some crazy symptoms too.

    If you're not actively ttc, to alleviate any fear of falling pregnant, might i suggest using two methods of contraception? This *almost* guarentees you won't fall pregnant from having intimate time with your partner. (Condoms and another form such as the pill, implanon, mirena, iud etc.)

    Good luck with your investigations and i how you get some answers
    I'm not saying I am pregnant. I'm simply questioning why my symptoms are lingering or at least not fading away. I think it definitely was a chemical though or else how do you explain four positive HPTs?

    I know PMS can mimic pregnancy symptoms. Been there and done that. But some of this is clearly not PMS. Or at least I don't think so. Not for me and I'm still 9 days away from AF. PMS for me is typically experienced a few to a couple of days before my period. It could very well be contraceptive hormones though as you've suggested giving me symptoms still.

    No, I am not actively trying to conceive. I'm on contraception for that very reason but obviously it's not doing its job. Why, I couldn't tell you. I do everything by the book. So please don't go there. I don't need people telling me to use it if I am not actively TTC when I already am. That may sound harsh and I'm sorry if it does. I realise you are just trying to help but the issue is not even whether I'm TTC or not. It's my lingering pregnancy symptoms.

    I have a GP appointment at a different clinic this time for Thursday afternoon. Hopefully I'll get some kind of answers then.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,783
    Thanks
    1,171
    Thanked
    1,367
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have definitely felt symptoms I could attribute to pregnancy when I am not pregnant, or recovering from a miscarriage (long after) or a chemical. It sucks this is so confusing x


 

Similar Threads

  1. Faint positive??!?... Indent line???!?
    By Meow30 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-08-2016, 07:45
  2. Positive tests? Faint control line
    By kerin86 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 19:51
  3. Not even a faint second line on OPK?
    By happy86 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-09-2015, 21:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free weekly newsletters | Sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Baby Bonanza
FREE Baby Banz Sunglasses! Simply spend $25 across these leading baby brands at your participating pharmacies to receive your FREE pair!* Brands include Sudocrem, Infacol, Baby U, Milton and Heinz Baby Basics.
Visit the website below to enter
featured supporter
Wendys Music School
Wendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or singing your favourite music in 90 days GUARANTEED! Book a free assessment online now!
gotcha
X

Expecting your first baby?

Not sure what to do?

We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the
14 Pregnancy Must Dos!