Maternity leave entitlements - can't trust my HR department to help | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My company doesn't even offered any form of paid maternity leave, it's 12 months unpaid. It's not very common unless you're with a big company. As crazy as it is, you can actually consider yourself lucky if you get half pay for a few months, because many have to manage only on the 4.5months at minimum wage from Centrelink - cannot understand how all companies are not legally obligated to offer some form of leave pay! They also wouldn't promote me a few months ago and I literally had to beg for an increase this year. Yay for discrimination that you can do nothing about because you need your job back and don't want to cause unpleasantness...

I just emailed HR and asked for a copy of the maternity leave policy and what I was entitled to. Legally they are obligated to provide it to you so just keep asking until you get an official company policy document.

I can't see why a company would have paid maternity leave in place but then avoid giving it because they're not legally obligated to offer paid parental leave so they've chosen to do that out of their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am taking annual leave at half pay, then paid maternity leave at half pay, then PPL.