+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pill, Wedding, Honeymoon baby?

Just after people's experiences. I am getting married next year, and the plan is to start trying straight after wedding. I am on the Pill, have been for 15 years, don't want to fall pregnant before wedding, but not sure when to stop Pill, as I know it can take a while to regulate cycle, etc. especially after being on it for so long. I've thought of stopping in the month before, but then who knows how crazy I might be with coming off it, I also don't want my period on wedding day or honeymoon..... What do people do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Stop now and use condoms, then you'll have time to get to know your cycle etc. and just cross your fingers it doesn't end up on your wedding or honeymoon?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babymummatobe For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (07-09-2016),nattie84  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would either stop taking the pill a few months before so your cycle has the time to regulate again and just use condoms, or wait until the honeymoon is over if you definitely don't want AF for your wedding or honeymoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you

I can say that condoms are not really an option..... Maybe TMI but we wouldn't last a week using them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I stopped taking it after the honeymoon. I didn't want a period while on honeymoon and I didn't want to fall pregnant on my honeymoon as we were scuba diving etc. It doesn't necessarily take ages for your cycle to return, I had been on the pill for over 10 years and fell pregnant my 3rd cycle after stopping the pill. And we were absolutely not even trying, we had been trying not to! (Clearly not trying hard enough!). It can happen straight away.

I would keep taking it until your last pill after the honeymoon (or on the honeymoon if you don't mind getting your period).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Like sunnygirl I kept taking mine so I could make sure I could skip my period so I wouldn't get it during wedding/honeymoon etc.
    I was on the pill for 12 years and fell pregnant the next month after I stopped so you never know!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my period a week or so before our wedding and stopped the pill then. My next period arrived on the last day of our honeymoon. It took me 9 cycles to fall pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I kept taking my pill until we got back from our honeymoon. I didn't want to risk my period on wedding day or honeymoon so it was the best option for us. 3.5 years later and we're still trying for a baby. Regardless of when you come off the pill, I would use the time before you come off it to go and have a full check up with your GP. Have a Pap smear (if it's due) and some blood tests to check your immunity to all the things they test you for in pregnancy. If you need any vaccinations that need a waiting period before falling pregnant, then it's the optimal time to do it. Pre-conception health checks are something that many women don't think to do. Definitely worth doing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. Did many of you have changes when you stopped the pill? Like more pimples, weight gain/loss, craziness?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinklise View Post
    Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences. Did many of you have changes when you stopped the pill? Like more pimples, weight gain/loss, craziness?
    I has insomnia, night sweats, breakout, headaches just to name a few.. I would def wait until after your honeymoon...