I was on Dr M protocol on the last failed FET. After that I stopped and waited to see Wazza because I wanted the best fs and care who will do my scan/epu/et.
I have not tried 50 icsi and 50 natural fertilisation, I was tempted to do it but that means no pgd testing on those 50%. Given Wazza also agrees with pgd testing, I decided to go with that.
I am hoping I don't need to stim again after this round.
Genea seems to think they can PGS on ivf embies.. I have no idea what the difference is between PGD and PGS...
Have you decided what to do? I think you should just transfer the 1 PGD normal embie along with an aggressive Dr M protocol and see how you go...
@pingc383 not yet luv. I have a week before I see Wazza so I am letting the answers come to me naturally :P. I will be discussing with a ivf nurse friend next week, no point discussing with dh because he will just say we do whatever I decide to do.
He is still so confused with what I need to inject each day, am/pm gonal F/Manopur/scitropin, I have to remind him everyday what is due.
I am getting Scitropin this time. Can you tell me how much you got it for and did you buy 3 vials or 4? I may not be able to get it in Sydney, which means I'll need to get Saizen instead and it's a lot cheaper at $790 for a 10-day supply.
Apparently saizen is the same as scitropin.. Let's see how we go...
I paid 365 for 10ml (3 days supply) locally from slade pharmacy. Wazza offers 355 but obviously it needs to be refrigerated during transportation. Ask those pharmacies partnered with ivf clinics, they may have it. I just went to slade at epworth hospital which is where all my ex fs medication dispensed from.
Wazza office can organise to send it too if you can't get it locally. I would think best to use what Wazza recommends though. When is your AF due?
I have to call back on Monday cos they need their manager to order it from the manufacturer cos no suppliers have it.
I'm pretty sure they won't be selling it to me for $9.. What a mark up of they're selling it for over $355... I may be able to get them to price match to $355 then they have to discount me 10% off the difference..
Well, my AF is scheduled for 18 Oct, but I've been taking DHEA, going to start melatonin and i still have to have flush/hyst/biopsy/scratch, so not sure if that will delay AF or bring it on earlier...
When is your AF due?
@pingc383 make sure it is the right one. It is hard to believe it only costs 9 from the manufacturer. I used 4 last cycle, 3 from slade and 1 from wazza. I only got 2 this time and will be heading back to get another one on Wednesday. They dispensed the wrong medication (prednisolone instead of prednisone) so I have to go back again anyway.
Aren't you planning to do the hyst/flush/scratch during EPU? I have started injection already, today is cd8, EPU is probably around cd18.
No, I asked them if I can do hyst/flush/biopsy/scratch and they said no, it has to be done between days 18-23.. They said if I do it during EPU, I can't transfer anything that cycle and I would have to wait the next cycle... I am happy to do that, BUT, if I get 1 x day 5 embie, I won't be testing it, I'll just put it straight back, so don't want to risk doing all those things during this cycle.. I may as well just do them before I start..
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!