+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    @Kiwikate - that's so great you can get pregnant without IVF. If I was younger, I would try after Prof M gives me a protocol, but alas, I'm old and can't wait!! All the best, I really hope that he can help you!! Can I ask, do you know what your problem is after having spoken to Dr M? Did he have any idea?
    From his reading of the post Mortem investigations he did say there were some red flags that indicated immune issues were at play. I don't know what category that is until all my results are looked over by Prof M. I really hope to get a follow up ASAP as I'm eager to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am just finishing off my 7th intralipid session for this pregnancy and am 28 weeks. Most ladies can stop after 12 weeks but he keeps testing my levels and they are still high. Only one more to go. It's been expensive but worth it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Majeen For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeen View Post
    I am just finishing off my 7th intralipid session for this pregnancy and am 28 weeks. Most ladies can stop after 12 weeks but he keeps testing my levels and they are still high. Only one more to go. It's been expensive but worth it.
    I just had intralipids last night too. I am almost 18 weeks and I am happy to do it as long as it keeps bubs alive and kicking. I was on the Maternity ward last night and I was out of there the earliest I have ever been. They were so much more attentive than on the surgical ward where they were always so much more busy or perhaps understaffed.
    Wishing you all the best with the rest of your pregnancy!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the safe dosage of prednisone or prednisolone to take during pregnancy? There's all these potential side effects, such as cleft lips, while taking corticosteroids during pregnancy.. I just want to make sure the dose that Dr M prescribes me, if he does prescribe it, is safe..
    I dont know the medical answer
    But have seen friends on 50mg and others on 10mg

I also think he prescribes correctly and pred doesn't cross the placenta.

Most people wean off by early in 2nd trimester.

I think its also important to keep in mind, he prescribes so you get a take home baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The risk for cleft palette increases from a 1% chance normally to a 2% chance on prednisone which isn't huge so I was ok taking the increased risk. I was on 25mg at most but I have seen people on higher. I was on dexamethasone until 8 weeks (when placenta takes over) then was switched to pred as it doesn't cross placenta the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just what Dr M prescribed. He tests you and then does a custom plan for you based on individual requirements. I think that's why he is successful. There is no one size fits all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Majeen For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Velvet16 - I'm going through the old threads and stumbled on this post of yours. You said you had 1 kind of NKC tested from your biopsy. Do you know what the 4 are that need to be tested? I see you've added the others, but I suspect they are blood tests and I'm interested in the 4 NKCs that need to be tested from a biopsy.

I was going to get Dr Reid at Genea to do the lap and biopsy, but he only tests for 2 NKCs and G won't tell me what they all are so I can go and get them tested while I wait for my telephone consult with Dr M...
    No
    That's just what was on doctor M's
    Request

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just finished reading #7. So read all of #7 and #8 and #9. Going to start on #6.

There sure are a LOT of posts and threads!!
    I read through the whole lot back in the day too!