High Natural Killer Cells #9 | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 311
  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sutherland Shire Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,884
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked
    518
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Wow, $2,250 for ONE serving of IVIG?? Holy moly.. What if you need it once a month for 12 months? ***** me...
    I don't think I want a baby that much.. That is excessive! remind me what IVIG is for? HLA matches and really high NK cells?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked
    742
    Reviews
    0
    We did LIT for HLA matches and its $1100 per treatment and you have 2 so it's almost the same price. Plus I will still need intralipids. Everything is so bloody expensive it's overwhelming. Hence this is why it is our last shot at it. No one can afford let alone go through the physical pain of this month after month.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked
    1,769
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    We did LIT for HLA matches and its $1100 per treatment and you have 2 so it's almost the same price. Plus I will still need intralipids. Everything is so bloody expensive it's overwhelming. Hence this is why it is our last shot at it. No one can afford let alone go through the physical pain of this month after month.
    Is LIT something different to IVIG? There's LIT, IVIG and intralipids.. Anything else I've missed?

    I just think from all the readings I've done that I will need intralipids and IVIG. Is LIT for DLA matches?

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked
    742
    Reviews
    0
    Yes LIT is for HLA matches. They inject your partners blood into you.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked
    1,769
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    Yes LIT is for HLA matches. They inject your partners blood into you.
    How much is that one?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked
    1,769
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry for the questions, but just so I know what to expect, for those of you who have seen Dr M, when he calls for your telephone consult, has he actually read your file before he calls? And if there are some test results already there (like elevated thyroid anti bodies and low positive ANA), does he then put you on some meds pending the results of the additional tests he asks me to run? I don't really want to wait 2-3 weeks for the additional blood test results to come back (is that how long they take?) before he medicates me.. I'd much rather he starts right away... Do any bloods have to go to Chicago? I see on earlier threads he sends bloods to Chicago for testing or has that since changed?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    @pingc383 I think you'll find it all takes quite a while. I had my first Skype consult with prof M in July (he did read my file by the way which was a chunky file to read, I was quite impressed)
    His standard testing is HLA & DQ testing for you and partner, which took close to 4 weeks to get back, I had biopsy nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back anything in terms of results. I get the feeling they are quite old school.
    I guess the thing to keep in mind as this guy has an amazing reputation and tests and looks into things nobody else does. Best to get the full picture of what is going on and coming up with the best game plan to get that take home baby.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    477
    Thanked
    1,769
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default High Natural Killer Cells #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikate View Post
    @pingc383 I think you'll find it all takes quite a while. I had my first Skype consult with prof M in July (he did read my file by the way which was a chunky file to read, I was quite impressed)
    His standard testing is HLA & DQ testing for you and partner, which took close to 4 weeks to get back, I had biopsy nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back anything in terms of results. I get the feeling they are quite old school.
    I guess the thing to keep in mind as this guy has an amazing reputation and tests and looks into things nobody else does. Best to get the full picture of what is going on and coming up with the best game plan to get that take home baby.
    Thanks so much for responding hun. Did you cycle with a view to banking embryos in the meantime while you wait for results? Dr Beer seems to think that for some things, like fragmented embryos, it could be an immune issue, that's why I'm holding off doing another cycle... What did you do while you waited or did you just patiently wait?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    16
    Reviews
    0
    I don't do IVF, I haVe no trouble getting pregnant however I've had 4 miscarriages between 5-19 weeks over the last 18 months so I am investigating what could be going on to cause that after I had a healthy baby boy and no previous miscarriages before ttc #2.
    I'm just going to wait until Prof M has my follow up appt and we can put a plan in place to try to stop my whatever is ending my pregnancies

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiwikate For This Useful Post:

    ange1111  (11-09-2016),Btae  (07-09-2016)

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    161
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    So sorry for the questions, but just so I know what to expect, for those of you who have seen Dr M, when he calls for your telephone consult, has he actually read your file before he calls? And if there are some test results already there (like elevated thyroid anti bodies and low positive ANA), does he then put you on some meds pending the results of the additional tests he asks me to run? I don't really want to wait 2-3 weeks for the additional blood test results to come back (is that how long they take?) before he medicates me.. I'd much rather he starts right away... Do any bloods have to go to Chicago? I see on earlier threads he sends bloods to Chicago for testing or has that since changed?
    I also expected bloods to go chicago
    But i havent seen it mentioned for a very long time

    Ao i assume the testing is still offered here

    He medicated me straight after first phone call and ordered more bloods

    Follow up phone call i think was 4-5 weeks

    But i wasnt.planning on cycling for a few months

    Of course he reviewed file, alot during the phone call, but also asked questions regarding my tests

    My body needed the break
    Last edited by Velvet16; 07-09-2016 at 18:57.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

    pingc383  (07-09-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. High Natural Killer Cells #8
    By SalSA2015 in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 06-09-2016, 10:01
  2. Extremely high natural killer cells
    By FraggleRocks in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28-03-2016, 22:19
  3. High Natural Killer Cells #7
    By MGC Bertie in forum Reproductive Immunology
    Replies: 1010
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 23:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free weekly newsletters | Sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
JUMP! Swim Schools
Give your child a swimming kickstart!. JUMP! Swimming teachers are trained and certified using world-class techniques and best practice.
Book your free trial today
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!