+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Debant View Post
    Hi
    i started Neupogen today. I measured the vial into 4 syringes as advised by Dr M. There was still a little left in the vial. Is this normal or am I just nit getting it all out, I ended up with around 25/26 units on each syringe.
    having the nervous anxious feeling.mwhatbif I have some sort of reaction or side effect. I am overseas so last thing I need is to try and find medical assistance. I have deliberately not googled side effects so I don't start imagining them.
    Any Neupogen advice would be appreciated. I am having clexane and Neupogen so 2 shots a day. I expect another will be added when I start progesterone. Last year the clinic added progesterone sub c shots daily too. Not looking forward to 2 shots per day.
    Good luck you will be fine! It's always hard to get that last little bit out of the vial but I always tried, as it is what I referred to as liquid gold! It's all in the angle but don't worry too much there still seemed to be a drop or 2 left even spite my efforts. 2 shots a day is fine, you will be a pro in no time, I started with 3 as I was taking double clexane. I never had progesterone shots though judt the pessaries which are meant to absorb better so you might get lucky!
    In regards to side effects of neupogen I didn't get any. I do remember googling them and finding not much. I believe if you take too much that's when theveffects can become bad hence the weekly blood tests to measure blood count and Dr M will adjust if necessary. It is a drug used for chemotherapy patients when finished treatment to replenish white blood cells, so good in my opinion.
    Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    I'm not being contradictory at all, but "Dr" G is a bit of a stretch! She's ok, given they're very busy.. I wish she would book me in for a hyst/flush/biopsy, but she keeps telling me she can fit me in closer to the date.. I worry Dr M will be booked out and I won't be able to have it done... Bit nervous..
    I wouldn't worry about being booked in too much, I used to stress at the beginning too because I liked to be organised. But I soon realised that if she says she can book you in closer she can and will! I once booked in my intralipids the day before, she's like don't stress it's all ok. So now I just don't.
    I freaked out when I rang last week to find she was on holidays and the other lady couldn't help me and asked me to wait til G got back. Again not a big deal I got over my freak and delt with it but noone knows what she knows and how this business operates.
    You know once she rang me back at 9pm apologising profusely and all I wanted were some results that could of waited . She tracked them down that night and rang me back when she did.
    You will get used to all of it and how they operate and end up having some great chats with G. This TTC is a tough gig for us and is stressful but I really feel we need to try and not stress over these things we seem to get frustrated with.
    I hope you end up feeling better about the whole thing and everything works out for you! Xx
    Last edited by Olive79; 04-10-2016 at 04:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive79 View Post
    Good luck you will be fine! It's always hard to get that last little bit out of the vial but I always tried, as it is what I referred to as liquid gold! It's all in the angle but don't worry too much there still seemed to be a drop or 2 left even spite my efforts. 2 shots a day is fine, you will be a pro in no time, I started with 3 as I was taking double clexane. I never had progesterone shots though judt the pessaries which are meant to absorb better so you might get lucky!
    In regards to side effects of neupogen I didn't get any. I do remember googling them and finding not much. I believe if you take too much that's when theveffects can become bad hence the weekly blood tests to measure blood count and Dr M will adjust if necessary. It is a drug used for chemotherapy patients when finished treatment to replenish white blood cells, so good in my opinion.
    Best of luck!
    Thanks Olive79. Reassuring. my first year I was on 9 pessaries a day and my progesterone levels were not as high as they wanted. So last year they put me on the 9 pessaries plus the shot. I think the worst one is the clexane. The Neupogen is not hurting but I find it is hard to push through so I can not get a slow stable push like clexane but quick bursts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Debbie who is filling in is actually the accounts lady. She sends you the bills usually but does fill in from time to time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Btae View Post
    Hi Jojosniss, you can cycle with NL while letting dr M taking care of the immune treatment. Have you considered to book in another fs or wazza for a second opinion in terms of cycle result/ protocol? In terms of day 5embryos, did they stop growing at day 1-3 or day 4-5? Sperm quality is a factor too.
    Thank you so much for relying. Really down tonight and so is my husband. No we haven thought of a consult with Wazza we don't know what to do. I feel like chucking the whole thing in and just hope to god we can get donor embryos and they work.
    They died at day 3,4 and 5 and yes my husband has sperm issues. It's all getting beyond depressing now and we don't know what to do. I don't understand all this like a lot of you ladies do and I'm getting more and more frustrated and heartbroken with each try.

Anything you can suggest would be so good x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jojosniss For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is neupogen the same thing as ivig but in a lower dose and by injection? Is that for thyroid antibodies?
    Hi ping. Neupogen is different to IVIG. It is a daily subc injection. It is in addition to intralipids/IVIG. I'm not a good person to explain because I don't understand much of this. I couldn't even tell you my results. I know I have mthfr and high Nkc but that's it. I am leaving my trust in Dr M and just do as he advises. This is our 3rd and last attempt with donor eggs so we are doing, as Dr M said, the kitchen sink approach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol, let's not start calling her Dr G lol
    Whoops!!! I actually meant Dr Gee aka my Fertility Doctor hahaha oh dear! Sorry you guys i'm a lazy typer :P but G is Gee all the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck, I really hope it works. I'm seeing Dr M this week. I have homo A1298C MTHFR. The kitchen sink approach is the best one!

Have you had a transfer yet?
    thanks. Transfer is 11/10. We are having treatment overseas. Just heading now to where treatment is for pre appointment and for DH to do his bit. Egg pick up and fertilisation is on 6/10.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Debant View Post
    thanks. Transfer is 11/10. We are having treatment overseas. Just heading now to where treatment is for pre appointment and for DH to do his bit. Egg pick up and fertilisation is on 6/10.
    Hi @Debant I have my third and final donor egg transfer on the 11th too. We also asked dr M for the kitchen sink approach. Let's hope it works for both of us and third time lucky. This has got to be it doesn't it????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Looks like it to me ping.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (05-10-2016)