+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    It's ok the clinic got back to me and just said I only needed to check it once. I get so confused cos I'm sure last time he said it can change during the transfer process and tablets may need to be revised. Anywho that's what they said. Apparently it has to be under 2 for transfer. Last time I checked it was 4 which he said was bad but that was down from 12 so I thought it was pretty good. Anyone else have thyroid issues?
    I am on thyroxine substitute medication too, my level was 3.9 initially in 2014 and is now on reasonable level. My FS said it needs to be 2.5 for transfer, my ex fs asked for bt check every 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EllePea View Post
    Hi all, new to this forum. I've read this whole thread and planning on going back and reading all the previous ones!

I have elevated uterine NK cells, picked up by my current FS (a certain 'baby whisperer' at Monash) after 4 failed IVF transfers and a miscarriage with my previous FS. No other autoimmune or fertility issues for me as far as anyone can tell (just a heterozygous MTHFR mutation). We started IVF due to sign.
    Welcome EllePea, I am not on dex so can't help you on that. Good luck with your upcoming transfer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

EllePea  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EllePea View Post
    Hi all, new to this forum. I've read this whole thread and planning on going back and reading all the previous ones!

I have elevated uterine NK cells, picked up by my current FS (a certain 'baby whisperer' at Monash) after 4 failed IVF transfers and a miscarriage with my previous FS. No other autoimmune or fertility issues for me as far as anyone can tell (just a heterozygous MTHFR mutation). We started IVF due to significant male factor issues.

I'm about to go into my 3rd transfer with my new FS (8th transfer total) and I'm going to have clexane, progesterone, pregnyl boosters, dex instead of prednisone and intralipids (200ml). I was wondering whether anyone has any experience with dex - I seem to be on a very low dose of only 1mg per day, when I was previously on 10mg of prednisone going up to 20mg at transfer. Does this amount of dex sound right?

I have a phone consult with Dr M scheduled but I'll be about to have my transfer by the time I get to speak to him.
    Ho there and Welcome. Dex is stronger and has a different concentrstion to predisone. I was taking 3x0.5mg daily and did a google search the see the difference. They dont quite match up as .5mg of Dex equals 5mg predisone but dex is long last lasting and predisone is short lasting in the body. You swap from dex to pred when you are about 8-9 weeks as it crosses over the placenta.
    Best of luck with up coming transfer. Xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

EllePea  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Olive and Btae! I might leave a question for my FS about dosage of dex... All the best for both of you on your journeys.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EllePea For This Useful Post:

Btae  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Btae View Post
    I am on thyroxine substitute medication too, my level was 3.9 initially in 2014 and is now on reasonable level. My FS said it needs to be 2.5 for transfer, my ex fs asked for bt check every 6 weeks.
    hi btae what was the substitute you were on - was it a natural one? I'm keen to see if something natural will help me but need to find a doc who will prescribe it. A little nervous about taking more stuff as don't want play unnecessarily with my hormones as we are already on so much with ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    hi btae what was the substitute you were on - was it a natural one? I'm keen to see if something natural will help me but need to find a doc who will prescribe it. A little nervous about taking more stuff as don't want play unnecessarily with my hormones as we are already on so much with ivf.
    Hi Ange1111, unfortunately it isn't a natural one, I showed allergic reaction to thyroxine after a procedure so been switched to Eutroxsig instead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojosniss View Post
    NL is brilliant I have no doubt but he hasn't been well and his bedside manner isn't great anyway which I can get past if he wasn't so negative all the time.
    Attachment 84594

This was the last protocol we did which got us he 5 embryos but none of them made it to day 5

Egg quality obviously the reason?? Any suggestions? You guys are the experts xx
    Hi Jojosniss, you can cycle with NL while letting dr M taking care of the immune treatment. Have you considered to book in another fs or wazza for a second opinion in terms of cycle result/ protocol? In terms of day 5embryos, did they stop growing at day 1-3 or day 4-5? Sperm quality is a factor too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

Jojosniss  (04-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Btae View Post
    Hi Ange1111, unfortunately it isn't a natural one, I showed allergic reaction to thyroxine after a procedure so been switched to Eutroxsig instead.
    Thank you. I'm glad you found something better for you!! I just got back an updated thyroid test and it's dropped back down to 1.9, stoked! So finally the herbs I've been taking must've kicked in.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ange1111 For This Useful Post:

Lastchance75  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    Thank you. I'm glad you found something better for you!! I just got back an updated thyroid test and it's dropped back down to 1.9, stoked! So finally the herbs I've been taking must've kicked in.
    Fantastic news, 1.9 is decent level for pregnancy, one less thing to worry about.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Btae For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's right 😁