+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongol View Post
    @nattie84 sorry to hear Dr S has made you cry as well. I think he means well but it just comes out right. He hugged us after our second transfer and was very nice and hopeful. We both got emotional as we really wanted it to work.
    Who is your current FS?
    I am now with Dr Reid at Genea. They are soo much better than IVFA.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #9

@nattie84 ah I see. I was going to switch to Genea for our current cycle but we moved to Melbourne! I had laparoscopy with Dr Reid in April. He's lovely and very experienced in laps. Luckily there was no endo found and my last lap was 3 years ago. I did take Chinese herbs for about a year and did Accupuncture for about 6 months. I strongly think they helped with my endo.
    For anyone with endo, Dr B in the US said that he believes (via scientific research) that endo really impacts egg quality and successful IVF/pregnancy. Even though my previous FS (Dr S) didn't think endo impacts IVF at all. I tried a supplement from B (Endo Optimise) and it contains melatonin (4mg) turmeric, CoQ10 (150mg) and two other antioxidants. Not sure if it has helped.
    Last edited by Mongol; 29-09-2016 at 03:44.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (11-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Ladies, for those of you who did IVIG, which is what I think I need, how much was it?
    I did it about 8 weeks into this pregnancy and it cost $2250 but I am now 17 weeks pregnant and things still look good!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

Btae  (07-09-2016),pingc383  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, $2,250 for ONE serving of IVIG?? Holy moly.. What if you need it once a month for 12 months? ***** me...
    I don't think I want a baby that much.. That is excessive! remind me what IVIG is for? HLA matches and really high NK cells?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did LIT for HLA matches and its $1100 per treatment and you have 2 so it's almost the same price. Plus I will still need intralipids. Everything is so bloody expensive it's overwhelming. Hence this is why it is our last shot at it. No one can afford let alone go through the physical pain of this month after month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes LIT is for HLA matches. They inject your partners blood into you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 I think you'll find it all takes quite a while. I had my first Skype consult with prof M in July (he did read my file by the way which was a chunky file to read, I was quite impressed)
    His standard testing is HLA & DQ testing for you and partner, which took close to 4 weeks to get back, I had biopsy nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back anything in terms of results. I get the feeling they are quite old school.
    I guess the thing to keep in mind as this guy has an amazing reputation and tests and looks into things nobody else does. Best to get the full picture of what is going on and coming up with the best game plan to get that take home baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't do IVF, I haVe no trouble getting pregnant however I've had 4 miscarriages between 5-19 weeks over the last 18 months so I am investigating what could be going on to cause that after I had a healthy baby boy and no previous miscarriages before ttc #2.
    I'm just going to wait until Prof M has my follow up appt and we can put a plan in place to try to stop my whatever is ending my pregnancies

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiwikate For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (11-09-2016),Btae  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for the questions, but just so I know what to expect, for those of you who have seen Dr M, when he calls for your telephone consult, has he actually read your file before he calls? And if there are some test results already there (like elevated thyroid anti bodies and low positive ANA), does he then put you on some meds pending the results of the additional tests he asks me to run? I don't really want to wait 2-3 weeks for the additional blood test results to come back (is that how long they take?) before he medicates me.. I'd much rather he starts right away... Do any bloods have to go to Chicago? I see on earlier threads he sends bloods to Chicago for testing or has that since changed?
    I also expected bloods to go chicago
    But i havent seen it mentioned for a very long time

Ao i assume the testing is still offered here

He medicated me straight after first phone call and ordered more bloods

Follow up phone call i think was 4-5 weeks

But i wasnt.planning on cycling for a few months

Of course he reviewed file, alot during the phone call, but also asked questions regarding my tests

My body needed the break
    Last edited by Velvet16; 07-09-2016 at 18:57.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    I don't think I want a baby that much.. That is excessive! remind me what IVIG is for? HLA matches and really high NK cells?
    No I did 3 treatments of LIT at $1100 a pop that was for my complete dq alpha match. I had fallen pregnsnt and then had another MC at 9 weeks where bub was only still 6weeks.
    So next tie I decided to throw everything at it as we would move to surrogacy if it didnt work. I started neupogen but tgen had a failed FET and needed to stim again, I went on melatonin and DHEA not that I had a problem with egg quality but did what I was told. Ready to cycle 2 months later to be told my hormones were to high wait another month. Much to our suprise we got pregnant naturally that month and I was on none of my immune meds
    Didnt seem to be an issue started them the day I found out and went for intralipids the next weekend. Had a 7 week scan everything good so next round instead of intralipids we did IVIG, it is the human plasma opposed to synthetic protein which is intralipids. They do the same job to make the uterus less hostile. I did 1 IVIG then Dr M put me back on intralipids. I pushed for it as I could not bear another MC.
    Yes the cost is steep but if I get to carry and birth our own baby it is so worth it. We have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on our treatment over the past 2.5years bit now to be carrying our dream is worth it and all thanks to Dr M. He is my hero! And G is a superstar too!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (11-09-2016),Miss Sagi  (10-09-2016),nattie84  (08-09-2016),pingc383  (08-09-2016),Velvet16  (08-09-2016)