+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 81 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it was also around 7-10 days before transfer. Then stop day of transfer and start again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (27-09-2016),Lastchance75  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks BB77.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I just spoke to my FS about dr M's protocol. As soon as I mentioned prednisone my FS said it was an "exceedingly bad idea" because of the risk of cleft palate on baby and risk of needing a hip replacement for myself. This has sort of freaked me out even though dr M and another OB I spoke to who've said the prednisone is ok during pregnancy. But now I'm kinda freaking out. Would it be bad if I continued on dr M's protocol without telling my FS?

It looks like the 15mg of prednisone I'm on is a really low amount considering how much everyone else here seems to be on.

Ugghh now I'm stressing out. I think I might try Alison Gee if this FET doesn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mink

Firstly hugs!

I believe this was discussed recently, and it only increases the chance by 1%

You personally need to weigh up risk of cleft pallet to chances of pregnancy without it

I planned to not tell.my FS about doctor m protocol, as lets face it they have egos... and dont like another doctor interfering

Doctor m will get you over the line

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

Mink  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm going to have to do some research and decide for myself. He kept saying there is more risk than benefit from taking the steroid.

Does anyone know of any scientific studies around NKC + fertility + dr M style treatment protocol?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Mink I'm only on 15mg then increase to 25mg after transfer. I would take Dr M's advice over my FS but that is my opinion. A lot of FS's don't believe in immune issues which is odd considering the results with it compared to without it. Don't let them freak you out there's enough stress with everything that goes with it as it is.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lastchance75 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (28-09-2016),Mink  (27-09-2016),Olive79  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give it 5 to 10 years and success rates will rise and immune protocol will be normal practice in fertility

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Velvet16 For This Useful Post:

BB77  (27-09-2016),Jojosniss  (27-09-2016),Mink  (27-09-2016),Olive79  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    I can't remember the exact timing of the meds but I was on
    LIT for the dq alpha match
    3x 0.5 dexamethasone until 8-9 weeks then switched to prednisone until close to 20 weeks
    Neupogen injections until about 15 weeks
    Clexane 80mg until a week before c section
    Progesterone ranging from 400-1200mg at different times
    Baby aspirin (due to pre eclampsia in a previous pregnancy)
    IVIG a few days before transfer and every 3-4 weeks until 34 weeks (yes I'm broke)
    Vitamins: calcium, coq10, folate, preg vitamin
    I also had an endo scratch on cd4 with my fs to help implantation
    I had acupuncture weekly along with kinesiology which helped my anxiety immensely and completely changed my mindset.
    Holy moly. Always freaks me out when I list everything I did. I do think that the switch to neupogen/dex was what made a real difference. I'd had a previous failed transfer without it.
    What are your issues @Mongol? Sorry if you've already mentioned it, my memory is shot.
    Thanks for your detailed response @BB77. I have had 5 miscarriages (4 natural and 1 was a IVF PGDed embryo). All my losses occurred at 4-6 weeks except one which went to 11 weeks but miscarried due to two chromosomal abnormalities , thats why we opted for PGD. I had 1 IVF cycle which resulted in 2 PGDed embryos, 1 miscarried at 5 weeks and the other did not implant. I did one cycle recently which didn't result in any embryos reaching day 5/6 for PGD biopsy.
    I have a few issues:
    - I have only 'A haplotype' genes present i.e. KIR AA Haplotype which puts me in the highest risk category
    - Complete lack of class II allelle mismatching
    - Significant homozygosity of class II alleles (partner is homozygous for all class II alleles)
    - I harbour the complete 8.1 extended haplotype (minus HLA-A*01), which includes DRB1*03:01 in combination with DQB1*02:01
    - I harbour DQ2 (DQA1*05 with DQB1*02)
    - Intermediate levels of anticardiolipin IgM antiphospholipid antibodies (APAs)
    - Elevated NKT cell IL-41C ratios and elevated levels of total CD4+ and CD8+ NKT cells.
    - Compound heterozygous for MTHFR C677T and A1298C polymorphins

PS - it was helpful to write the above as I just realised after reading my genetic testing report that I am MTHFR related issues as well, I never realised that before!!

Not sure if there is anyone else on this forum with the above combination of issues. If I get a healthy embryo next cycle (fingers crossed), I will be taking a number of drugs for my HRT FET cycle. The drugs include, Neupogen (with stim and with FET), Plaquenil 200mg (1 month prior to transfer), Clexane 40mg, Intralipids every two weeks, prednisone 10mg. The drugs may be adjusted after an immune panel is done at the two week mark from embryo transfer.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (28-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing some reading online google scholar re prednisone and NKC's. Also just speaking to DH about it too. He's pretty annoyed at the FS's attitude to it all because he's not an OB and we've already had 3 failed transfers with him (I know that's not a lot). I agree with DH that it is worth trying something different rather than doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome and if the risk is very minor re prednisone, then it's still worth a try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    @Jojosniss - no worries hun. I feel like we have to all work together to figure it out, then go and see those doctors who care, like Dr M and Wazza. I haven't really heard great things about NL.. Yes, post your protocol and let's see what it says!

NL is brilliant I have no doubt but he hasn't been well and his bedside manner isn't great anyway which I can get past if he wasn't so negative all the time.
    IMG_1474972783.000443.jpg

This was the last protocol we did which got us he 5 embryos but none of them made it to day 5

Egg quality obviously the reason?? Any suggestions? You guys are the experts xx