+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Help! Late AF and BFN

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum as of 10 minutes ago! Okay so some background:
    Hubs and I have been TTC since beginning of Feb this year, after coming off the pill (7years on the pill)
    My first cycle was a bit late, but afterwards I have had AF come either the day after CD 29 or CD 30. I have been very regular. Clear blue ovulation tests have given me peak fertility (solid smiley) on CD 18, and I have also used the strips and tested positive for ovulation on CD 19. However, August we did not use the ov kits as we were trying to stress less about it all! I am fairly sure OD was around CD 18/19... AF was due 1.9.16, I have still not had AF yet, and tested on CD 33 and today CD 35 with BFN! This is so frustrating. I have heard of some ladies having low hcg levels and testing negative throughout their pregnancy? Also some ladies won't test positive until they are about 10weeks along.. Has anyone experienced this and has been pregnant? When should I go to the Drs to have a blood test? And how often should I be taking a hpt? Any suggestions as to which hpt I should try next? I have been using the first response early in ****** pregnancy test and dipping for 5 secs as the instructions says... Soooo confused right now
    Last edited by Sapphire1992; 06-09-2016 at 15:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, First response are pretty accurate. You might've O'd later than you thought if you weren't using OPK's this month. Sometimes stress can delay it and therefore your period as well. If you're unsure just go and get a blood test. That will confirm it either way and if negative then hopefully AF won't take too much longer to arrive.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Mrs DL, I don't have any symptoms of AF, and haven't been stressing this month. I am just a bit confused thinking of holding out until I am 1 full week late before going and getting blood test done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There is absolutely no harm in waiting a bit. Wait one or two or even three weeks if you want! Even if you ARE pregnant it won't hurt to wait for your BT for a bit

The FRER tests are the most accurate I've found. And I agree with the PP when she says it could just be too early. I'd wait it out a few more days and retest at home if it were me. Save yourself the cost of a Doctor's visit until you need it for sure.

Good luck! How exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    There is absolutely no harm in waiting a bit. Wait one or two or even three weeks if you want! Even if you ARE pregnant it won't hurt to wait for your BT for a bit

The FRER tests are the most accurate I've found. And I agree with the PP when she says it could just be too early. I'd wait it out a few more days and retest at home if it were me. Save yourself the cost of a Doctor's visit until you need it for sure.

Good luck! How exciting!

Thank you so much, I am just so nervous to find out! I will get some more tests and test again in 3 days time I think and I will wait to go to the Drs until next week. I am just so impatient! I am worried there is something wrong with me and that's why I haven't had AF and bfn! Thank you for your support X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire1992 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire1992 View Post
    Thank you so much, I am just so nervous to find out! I will get some more tests and test again in 3 days time I think and I will wait to go to the Drs until next week. I am just so impatient! I am worried there is something wrong with me and that's why I haven't had AF and bfn! Thank you for your support X

Nothing wrong with you hon! I remember once my AF was 10 days late, but when I went to the GP she said "It just happens sometimes." Sure enough, bam, there was AF the next day! A lot of it is stress I think. You want to see the double lines SO BAD that the stress holds it off. I'm due to start a donor egg cycle at the end of the month with my donor, and AF was due today. Hello, AF? Nothing! It's the stress. It'll all be ok hon. In the 'old days' the Doctor used to make you miss two periods before they would even test you! (That's back in my Mum's day!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Nothing wrong with you hon! I remember once my AF was 10 days late, but when I went to the GP she said "It just happens sometimes." Sure enough, bam, there was AF the next day! A lot of it is stress I think. You want to see the double lines SO BAD that the stress holds it off. I'm due to start a donor egg cycle at the end of the month with my donor, and AF was due today. Hello, AF? Nothing! It's the stress. It'll all be ok hon. In the 'old days' the Doctor used to make you miss two periods before they would even test you! (That's back in my Mum's day!)
    Thank you so much! I am still holding onto a little bit of hope! But i am also trying to be realistic! I wish you all the best sweets! This waiting game on AF is so stressful and horrible sometimes. No matter where you're at with your journey. So thankful to be able to speak with ladies going through the same emotions etc!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphire1992 For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It could be possible you O'd later, so AF wouldn't be due until later.

Earlier this year, AF was randomly 3 days late. I was fairly sure I knew when I o'd. The next cycle I O'd on CD8 (about 3 days earlier than is normal for me). I think my body just got confused. The next cycle I got pregnant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    It could be possible you O'd later, so AF wouldn't be due until later.

Earlier this year, AF was randomly 3 days late. I was fairly sure I knew when I o'd. The next cycle I O'd on CD8 (about 3 days earlier than is normal for me). I think my body just got confused. The next cycle I got pregnant
    It's so weird how the body does things like that sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also new-ish to Bub hub.

And in a very similar boat too. I'm quite late for AF (14/15days). I thought I seen very very very faint lines on my Tests (first reponse and crystal clear) but they don't show very well in pics ( i still have the pics)

All sorts of pregnancy symptoms and no sign of AF