+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Small age gap between #2 and #3 how does #2 react?

Hello,

We have a 4 year age get between #1 and #2 and it's been so easy! no problems, no jealously no rivalry. Baby #2 is a nice boy he loves his older sibling but he is still only 6 months old. We want a 3rd and I don't want to wait! I want a 20month plus/minus age gap next.

Has anyone done this? How did #2 handle a new baby? My older child is ready for #3 (or so I'm repeatedly told 'soon we will have another baby' hehe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I did this. We have 4.5 yrs between #1 and #2, and then had 20 months between #2 and #3.

I loved my big gap, my oldest was so amazing with his sister right from day 1 and now (they are 7yo and 2.5yo) they play beautifully. My third is 9 months now and this smaller gap has been more challenging, largely in part due to my middle child's personality. She is very strong willed and took a fair while to adjust to her baby brother. He copped a fair bit actually, she would bite him and hit him out of the blue any opportunity she got she's better now, but can still be quite rough. For some completely bizarre reason though he absolutely adores her and will often give great big belly laughs when she is around. I am hoping that they will be close as they get older and the smaller gap will pay off. I feel lucky with my oldest's personality, as he loves both his siblings and genuinely loves being around them/entertaining them. So I've never felt like he has missed out by being so much older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a small age gap between #1 and #2 and then slightly bigger gap from #2 to #3.
    I have found they all play quite well together most of the time.
    And because they were all young when the next one was born they don't know any different.
    I have no regrets.