+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not digesting and vomiting colostrum :(

I gave birth to DD yesterday afternoon, she immediately showed interest in feeding and attached right away, she was a pleasure to breast feed!

But after every feed she has been vomiting some or all of it up at first I thought it was due to over feeding as she was feeding A LOT and the midwifes at the hospital 'reassured' me that it's common and because she's newborn etc. and as long as she is pooing and has wet nappies not to worry.

I was discharged early and she continued to be good at feeding, but is still vomiting her feeds it has now been about 7 hours since she's had ANYTHING in her nappy they're coming up completely dry.. Just when I think she's keeping her colostrum down she vomits it back up.. I don't know what to do I am so worried :'(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KarinaJayne View Post
    I gave birth to DD yesterday afternoon, she immediately showed interest in feeding and attached right away, she was a pleasure to breast feed!

But after every feed she has been vomiting some or all of it up at first I thought it was due to over feeding as she was feeding A LOT and the midwifes at the hospital 'reassured' me that it's common and because she's newborn etc. and as long as she is pooing and has wet nappies not to worry.

I was discharged early and she continued to be good at feeding, but is still vomiting her feeds it has now been about 7 hours since she's had ANYTHING in her nappy they're coming up completely dry.. Just when I think she's keeping her colostrum down she vomits it back up.. I don't know what to do I am so worried :'(
    I would go back to hosp if she's vomiting & dry nappies. Just to be safe. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I would go back to hosp if she's vomiting & dry nappies. Just to be safe. Good luck
    Yep, i second this. Or you could call the hospital and ask their advice about whether you should come in. Hope all goes well for you xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps Congrats on bubba!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree, go back to hospital. You'll just worry otherwise.

Congrats on your new baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    My babies all had reflux and would vomit heaps from day 1, but the dry nappies would be concerning me. I would go back to hospital & tell them your bub has dry nappies & is vomiting. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on bubba.

But if that where me I'd be going back up to hospital and to also be let out of hospital so quickly aswell is just to fast

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep agree with the others, go back to the hospital!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you guys going, @KarinaJayne?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (06-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Vomit does not worry me much but dry nappy does. Go to the hospy now.