I hope this finds you well. We will leave Cape Town today with heavy
I'm not sure if you've been advised by the clinic so I hate to be the
bearer of bad news but none of the 10 remaining embryos could be frozen.
The fertility specialist believes there is an issue with the donors eggs
and I know you mentioned her last donation was unsuccessful also. He
said if I'm unsuccessful which is highly likely as the embryos were not
graded the best I should not choose this donor again.
It has been a very disappointing blow after such a difficult journey to
get to this point I had very high hopes for donor eggs. I would hate for
others to experience the same as the decision to move to donor eggs is
such a last resort for so many and wracked with emotion.
We are grateful for the opportunity to visit Cape Town it has been a
beautiful city and a special trip.
Wishing you the best.
Her reply to that;
Thank you for your mail.
Hopefully you do not need any frozen embryos. I have learnt that this
process is fraught with uncertainty and we have to just take it step by
step. I am reading a book that encourages us to understand that God does
not always show the full path, just the direction and that requires a lot
of faith and courage.
I pray for your positive result and send you my very best,
@Charlie74 I think it may have been the egg donor agency owner who replied about gods will?? If it is, I've expressed my opinion about her on here before. She's the one who I communicated with extensively about my ED cycling for me again and then she went and relisted her without telling me. There's numerous other things I could say about her. One of them being that when I was emailing back and forth with her over Easter about the 18 year old twin EDs, it sure as hell wasn't her I was communicating with but some-one replying via email in her name which is really unethical. It's difficult when she owns/runs the largest ED agency in CT. She is firmly a business woman who reels you in at the start. I hope @Caesardust posts on the SA ED thread so others can benefit from her experience. Sadly Caesardust's ED has been relisted and her next recipient may not ask for her donation history. I just hope with all my heart Caesardust is staring down at two pink lines in the coming days.
PS: Sorry hun, we were posting at the same time!
Last edited by Tahli; 04-09-2016 at 10:49.
I'm 11dpo but I think I'm going to hold off on poas until tomorrow night after work. I will remain ignorant for one more day so I can get through Father's Day with my family and dp's family.
Heart in the right place my *rse. She's a shrewd business woman. She knows exactly how to work a potential recipient. She's also doing a great job of trying to weasel out of offering you another ED without her fee. Super fingers crossed you don't need one of course. If you haven't already done so I'd copy that email and responce to your CT FS. Did your CT FS say you had a low chance of success with your B2ABs? I hope not hun.
BTW, I'm definately not pressuring you to POAS. I was just trying to keep track of where you're at.
Her response makes me want to use lots of these .
@ceseardust and everyone else on here embarking on de! I think your all courageous and amazing, it's such a tough road that you have all persisted with to bring your dreams to life. I wish everyone of you success you all truly deserve it, with the efforts and perseverance to try and get there. I really feel for you @ceseardust receiving such a response from a rep at Cfc that you entrusted with not only the financial outlay but also the time and emotions that both you and DH have put into it. It's just not good enough.
Sometimes ignorance is bliss and I hope you enjoy today with both your families and then wake up tomorrow with the best surprise of your life a BFP.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!