+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Yesterday she had the following
    2.5 bottles of milk
    Chicken schnitzel
    Fetta cheese
    Spag Bol
    1 avocado
    Strawberry
    Scramble egg
    Ham
    Some toast with melted cheese
    Home made pasta type
    Some bacon

I thought that was a great effort.
    That's a fantastic effort. I seriously would not worry too much unless she dramatically loses heap. She's trying variety from different foods etc your doing a great job

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you....

Today is a slower day.....but it's ok.... She is small and she has a small tummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nafsika one of the things i have read a lot and maybe someone has mentioned it in this thread too is to look at their food intake over a week rather than each meal or each day. But in any case that's a fantastic variety of food yesterday! I can only wish my DD would eat half of that we are pretty much stuck on weetbix, vita weat crackers, spaghetti bolognese, baked beans, fruit (pureed only except for occasional bite of banana) and yoghurt at the moment. Refuses all bread, veg and pieces of fruit without even trying them. Used to devour eggs and cheese but now refusing them too. So frustrating!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

I saw that list and I'm seriously wondering what you are worried about too! Not to be dismissive of your concerns but my dd1 wouldn't eat 90% of those things... She has binge eating days too but it's cruskits, yogurt (no bits), rice cakes, cereal, toast or mac n cheese- no fruit, meat (unless it's maccas chicken bites) or veg (does hot chips count?).

Glad you're feeling better about things.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 08-09-2016 at 17:28.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I saw that list and I'm seriously wondering what you are worried about too! Not to be dismissive of your concerns but my dd1 wouldn't eat 90% of those things... She has binge eating days too but it's cruskits, yogurt (no bits), rice cakes, cereal, toast or mac n cheese- no fruit, meat (unless it's maccas chicken bites) or veg (does hot chips count?).

Glad you're feeling better about things.
    No bits! DS hates bits in anything. Unless it is choc chip.

My DS only eats veg in soup - blended soup of course. I have blended minestrone for him before and he kinda eats it (but likes potato or pumpkin soup better). And will not use a spoon. Only dips bread in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That was yesterday.....today like i said is another story. LoL
    Refused dinner, afternoon snack. *sigh*
    Maybe she's full from yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

If I ate that much food in a day I would be full too. And I'm an adult.

I don't mean for this to sound rude, but I think your expectations of what your dd should eat are way too high if you're still not satisfied and worried after that effort. And the variety is great for a supposedly fussy 2yo.

Toddlers eat in fits and bursts. That's why you need to look at intake over several days. The 3 square meals a day is a learned behaviour that takes years to develop.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 08-09-2016 at 20:36.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

cheeeeesecake  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    OP - not knowing your DD's past history, if you have concerns might it be a good idea to keep the Paed appointment? Not sure 2 x days out of the blue of great eating is enough to erase concerns?

Best of luck

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    If I ate that much food in a day I would be full too. And I'm an adult.

I don't mean for this to sound rude, but I think your expectations of what your dd should eat are way too high if you're still not satisfied and worried after that effort. And the variety is great for a supposedly fussy 2yo.

Toddlers eat in fits and bursts. That's why you need to look at intake over several days. The 3 square meals a day is a learned behaviour that takes years to develop.
    Your not rude, don't worry. I'm saying after so many days of not eating she ate all that. Which was a great effort.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yesterday, my almost 2yo DD ate - a 100ml bottle of milk, half a strawberry, 3 dry crackers, and a few spoonfuls of mashed potato (refused everything else on her dinner plate), then another larger bottle of milk before bed.

She just isn't interested in food at all. She has days where she eats next to nothing, & days where she eats a lot. I dont stress at all, I just keep offering healthy meals and snacks, & she sits with the family for dinner time & sees the rest of us eating. She is my 3rd, & my first two were (and still are) fantastic eaters. But every child is different, and as long as they seem happy and healthy, and are not losing large amounts of weight, they should be ok. Remember a bit of weight fluctuation from day to day is normal - if you weighed yourself all the time, you would see the scales go up and down a bit. I dont often weigh my kids, I look at their body and how their fat sits - when my youngest two were failure to thrive, it was the loose, saggy skin around their thighs, pelvis and stomach, & 'wasted' appearance that was an issue. Quite literally skin and bone. As long as their skin isnt sagging and they have some fat around their thighs, buttocks, etc, they should be ok - & this is probably what the paed is looking at when he examines your DD