+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Was your paed appointment today @Nafsika? How'd it go?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (07-09-2016),babybeeno1  (07-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope all went well for you today OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Thank you.
    😊
    There are definitely worse things we could do for our kids. That's why I had to post. If the OP wants to use pediasure to help her kiddie catch up with weight. ...and her doctors are aware. .. she should do what feels right for her family.
    I think supplementing solid food has it's place, and it can be absolutely quite literally lifesaving when it is needed. One of my children was on supplemented feeds for a time, because she needed it. But if it isn't neccesary, it can cause more problems than it solves. It can make the child more reliant on the supplement and even less likely to eat solid foods. Now as I said, there is absolutely a time and a place for it, under medical supervision. But the OP was told her child doesnt need it. I personally wouldnt advise going against medical advice. But the OP may have received different advice today.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Hope all went well for you today OP.

I think supplementing solid food has it's place, and it can be absolutely quite literally lifesaving when it is needed. One of my children was on supplemented feeds for a time, because she needed it. But if it isn't neccesary, it can cause more problems than it solves. It can make the child more reliant on the supplement and even less likely to eat solid foods. Now as I said, there is absolutely a time and a place for it, under medical supervision. But the OP was told her child doesnt need it. I personally wouldnt advise going against medical advice. But the OP may have received different advice today.
    I'm a bit confused. Are you quoting part of my post saying that I think she should? My whole post says not without medical supervision. ....
    Not trying to be argumentative. .just not quite sure why you quoted me? And only a section of what I said?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

Good morning ladies,

I cancelled the paed appointment as my girl did a big turn around and became an eating machine, bless her. I was really worried which is why I wanted to go and see him, however since the turnaround I thought if I had shown him the food diary and the amount she had consumed he would think I was silly for worrying (just the 2 days) I think she probably made up for it.
    Last edited by Nafsika; 08-09-2016 at 07:23. Reason: Edit to add.... I'm guessing she goes through phases? Possible?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Good morning ladies,

I cancelled the paed appointment as my girl did a big turn around and became an eating machine, bless her. I was really worried which is why I wanted to go and see him, however since the turnaround I thought if I had shown him the food diary and the amount she had consumed he would think I was silly for worrying (just the 2 days) I think she probably made up for it.
    Good to hear!

I would keep up the diary. It might show some eating patterns for her and reassure you if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    What did you manage to get her to eat? Is she having less milk?

At least you know now she 'can' eat more and it's really up to her to choose to eat it, so next time she 'regresses' you know not to panic as she will eat more when she's ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good to hear that she has her appetite back and starting to eat more food. Keep the food diary going with all her meals and snacks. Cut back on the milk as there are other ways calcium can be given aswell in the form of foods. Cheese slices with her lunch, some yoghurt for a snack with fruit in it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yesterday she had the following
    2.5 bottles of milk
    Chicken schnitzel
    Fetta cheese
    Spag Bol
    1 avocado
    Strawberry
    Scramble egg
    Ham
    Some toast with melted cheese
    Home made pasta type
    Some bacon

I thought that was a great effort.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good job! I had a thought - she isn't getting a molar is she? Could explain being off food for a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I had a look.