+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @monnie24, I second the notion. Sanjay is our paed for DS (8wks) he was worried about his weight initially with not putting enough on according to the charts then I reminded him of my older DS who is 9 and is so skinny it's not funny but he eats more then me and struggles to put and keep weight on. If you look at family genetics that to can play a massive part is how our kids turns out. My DP is 6ft7 I'm 5ft11 new DS is 4kg @ 8wks and 58.5cm already he has grown 7.5cm and is only 900gms above his birth weight. But he is happy healthy sleeps passes all his exams and Sanjay is happy with him. I give him a top up of formula some days between feeds when he needs it.

See what your paed says to you on wed. If you do have Sanjay he will write everything you discuss down for you and give you a copy and you can even txt him if your majorly concerned and he'll get back to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @monnie24, I second the notion. Sanjay is our paed for DS (8wks) he was worried about his weight initially with not putting enough on according to the charts then I reminded him of my older DS who is 9 and is so skinny it's not funny but he eats more then me and struggles to put and keep weight on. If you look at family genetics that to can play a massive part is how our kids turns out. My DP is 6ft7 I'm 5ft11 new DS is 4kg @ 8wks and 58.5cm already he has grown 7.5cm and is only 900gms above his birth weight. But he is happy healthy sleeps passes all his exams and Sanjay is happy with him. I give him a top up of formula some days between feeds when he needs it.

See what your paed says to you on wed. If you do have Sanjay he will write everything you discuss down for you and give you a copy and you can even txt him if your majorly concerned and he'll get back to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just had to add in another Sanjay lover he cared for my DD from birth in hospital for 2 weeks and he is amazing so if you need a second opinion @Nafsika we all highly recommend him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    He is the best doctor ever! He will do anything for my kids. (And anyone else's 😂). Plus he is writing a medical journal on DS. 🙊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Thank you @Tamtam. While I haven't experienced the failure to thrive issue with DD1 from when she was 2 she had dreadful constipation (hospitalised for it once) and I told her paed that at her worst all I could get into her were up and gos he was totally fine with it. It actually became an integral part of her treatment (only way I could get medicine into her).

A few years later there was a thread on here about how evil they were and how it was almost abuse to regularly give them to a child. Normally I don't give any ----s about comments like that but they really hurt even thought no one knew my child's story and the comments weren't about her.

Anyway i digress. Nice to see you back
    Thank you.
    😊
    There are definitely worse things we could do for our kids. That's why I had to post. If the OP wants to use pediasure to help her kiddie catch up with weight. ...and her doctors are aware. .. she should do what feels right for her family.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    OP I know exactly what this is like. I know how stressful it is. What I recommend you do it to not weigh your daughter anymore. Offer lots of different foods, leave them on the table so she can snack on them when she likes.

Just remind yourself that she's healthy and meeting your milestones.

That's what I did and I am feeling much better about it all. At last check we were on the 8th percentile. Someone has to be down there. She's healthy, bright and energetic so that's what matters.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (09-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My paed is DR Munt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, I know she's very energetic, cheerful, happy, etc, just her eating & losing weight is bothering me. I gave her incremin yesterday, I've heard that's good also.

I'm keeping a diary of the things she has, (it's not much) I'm sure I'll waste my time on Wednesday, but yeh. If I hit a wall. Then I'll search elsewhere.

I want a blood test, I shouldn't be denied that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    My paed is DR Munt.
    Which one? Chris or Phil?

If it's Phil, he ordered bloods for DS but we never got them done in the end as he was a boob monster (didn't take water at all) and had to fast for 8 hours.
    Last edited by A-Squared; 05-09-2016 at 08:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

Just be aware op that if you think she may be losing weight because her top is loose it could just be a growth spurt too. Dd1 always becomes more slender when she shoots up a bit but hasn't actually lost weight.
    I can tell when she's due for another growth spurt as she fills out a bit more.

Eta: my dd1 is turning 4 next jan and is 11.4kg. The only reason I know how much she weighs (I stopped weighing her a long long time ago) is because she jumped on the scales last week at my work.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 05-09-2016 at 08:13.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (05-09-2016),GrabbyCrabby  (09-09-2016),Mamasupial  (05-09-2016)