+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    My daughter is on the 2-3% not 10%
    Hmm, what chart are you using? My GP uses the World Health Organisation growth charts. I'm fairly sure they are the most widely used and highly regarded growth charts worldwide. According to those, your DD is just under the 15%. That's pretty good! The heaviest of my 3 kids is on the 15%. My lightest is under the 3%, the other is just over the 3%. Their cousins are on the 97%. And I am not worried about any of them All healthy and different. It's good not to obsess too much about their weight.

WHO growth chart:

http://www.rch.org.au/childgrowth/about_child_growth/Growth_charts/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

RmumR  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    For 2yo and 10ish kg on the boys chart it is 2-3%. Is that one that you may be refeŕring to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I haven't been on bub hub for ages. But I do have to pop in here when I saw this thread.
    The OP has always been worried about her little one's diet. And fussy eating.
    I want to say keep in touch with your doctors and paediatrician and follow up with advice from them. There's lots of suggestions in this thread too.
    Having said that I do need to say there's a time and place for the use of pediasure. Comments from people about its sugar or nutritional value are so offhand. ..especially if you have never experienced a child with eating difficulties. I use it and have done for about 2 years. Without it my daughter would be malnourished and very sick. .she'd have a tube full time and most likely be fed a similar formula in her tube. With it my daughter thrives. It also takes pressure off me when I can't get her to eat much.
    Please don't make sweeping statements about stuff like this unless you really know how hard it is.
    That said... it is to be used under medical supervision. So you should definitely seek professional advice before purchasing. You'll findmany doctors and dieticians would rather try other avenues first which is likely why you've been brushed aside about using it.
    Anywho. Just had to give my point of view from someone who uses it for their child.

5. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (04-09-2016),Adoralicious  (05-09-2016),binnielici  (05-09-2016),DT75  (08-09-2016),hksl  (05-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (04-09-2016),Mad84  (05-09-2016),Meld85  (05-09-2016),monnie24  (04-09-2016),PinkPopsicle  (04-09-2016),Sonja  (04-09-2016),Stretched  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You must be using a different chart to the ones by the WHO & the ones linked on each of the Australian states health pages then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thank you @Tamtam. While I haven't experienced the failure to thrive issue with DD1 from when she was 2 she had dreadful constipation (hospitalised for it once) and I told her paed that at her worst all I could get into her were up and gos he was totally fine with it. It actually became an integral part of her treatment (only way I could get medicine into her).

A few years later there was a thread on here about how evil they were and how it was almost abuse to regularly give them to a child. Normally I don't give any ----s about comments like that but they really hurt even thought no one knew my child's story and the comments weren't about her.

Anyway i digress. Nice to see you back

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

hksl  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting pediasure for on a 2 year old

Quote Originally Posted by cheeeeesecake View Post
    Hmm, what chart are you using? My GP uses the World Health Organisation growth charts. I'm fairly sure they are the most widely used and highly regarded growth charts worldwide. According to those, your DD is just under the 15%. That's pretty good! The heaviest of my 3 kids is on the 15%. My lightest is under the 3%, the other is just over the 3%. Their cousins are on the 97%. And I am not worried about any of them All healthy and different. It's good not to obsess too much about their weight.

WHO growth chart:

http://www.rch.org.au/childgrowth/ab...Growth_charts/
    The blue book, when the health nurse looks at it and also when she marks it in her graph.

Edit to add. I have not looked at blue book in a bit. I will tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    The blue book, when the health nurse looks at it and also when she marks it in her graph.

Edit to add. I have not looked at blue book in a bit. I will tomorrow.
    I think our blue books in SA use a chart different from the WHO charts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a WHO one be slightly inaccurate if every country uses them? Eg a baby on the 97th percentile in a poorer African country would weigh a lot less than a 97th percentile baby in the USA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, had a quick look. The nurse had noted down 5% on the notes. And that was 2 months ago. I looked at the graph it is the WHO one, if I read it right, it goes to 24 months and she's more than 24 months. She's on the 10th % or less. Not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I think our blue books in SA use a chart different from the WHO charts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a WHO one be slightly inaccurate if every country uses them? Eg a baby on the 97th percentile in a poorer African country would weigh a lot less than a 97th percentile baby in the USA?
    I thought this too. My obstetrician in Melbourne said I had to be careful using many of charts as so much depended on where they were developed and the stats relied on in preparing them. He gave the eg of US based charts where head sizes can be larger and also more babies are formula fed. I never looked into it as I don't weigh the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I accidently replied on the trampoline one haha! Woops so I'll write again I don't weigh my kids except for when the doctor fills it in at compulsory times or when we are in hospital for illness/surgery etc and I do I guess for panadol reasons I kind of fluke if sometimes.

Give the formula stuff if u feel comfortable. Sanjay is my paed I can't remember who u said you're was. He told me with DS feed him mc donalds everyday if I have too 😛😁 it won't kill a kid. Kids will eat when they are ready hopefully (IF no illness of course) I'm talking picky eaters.. He's really relaxed of course as a paed so push on him and write everything down. I'm a worry head so he is used to me. I text him at midnight BAHAHA. Xxx