School uniform question - boys | Page 5 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The boys only need a summer uniform here, they have 3 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts each. I do a load of washing every second day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've tried the five uniform thing, but found it created huge loads of washing on the weekend. I prefer to wash as I go during the week and have found that found three formal uniforms plus one sports uniform are fine. However, if you are lucky enough to have kids at a school where they wear their sports uniform all day Wednesday, then you can get away with two formal uniforms.

In terms of winter uniforms, I found DS needed three pairs of trousers. In primary school, he was always coming home with mud and dirt all up them, especially on the knees. In highschool his clothes stunk. No way could I stretch anything out to being worn again the next day.

I would recommend plenty of hats, socks and jumpers. They all seem to be disposable items in this house.

As a side note, DD2 lost her clearly named hat in the first week of prep. It was returned to us when she was in year 6. I have no idea where it had been for five years!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I've tried the five uniform thing, but found it created huge loads of washing on the weekend. I prefer to wash as I go during the week and have found that found three formal uniforms plus one sports uniform are fine. However, if you are lucky enough to have kids at a school where they wear their sports uniform all day Wednesday, then you can get away with two formal uniforms.

In terms of winter uniforms, I found DS needed three pairs of trousers. In primary school, he was always coming home with mud and dirt all up them, especially on the knees. In highschool his clothes stunk. No way could I stretch anything out to being worn again the next day.

I would recommend plenty of hats, socks and jumpers. They all seem to be disposable items in this house.

As a side note, DD2 lost her clearly named hat in the first week of prep. It was returned to us when she was in year 6. I have no idea where it had been for five years!
    😂 That beats one of my kids...left their hat on a bus after an excursion (unbeknown to us), and 12 months later the bus company returned it!