+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    So if everyone has their own day does that mean you wash 5 out of the 7 days?
    I do one load per day with Friday's with no washing at all. I wash, dry, fold and put away each day which is super easy as it is only one location/pile drop. I use half a colour catcher in each load and no longer separate. Wash each persons sheets in their load too. I find it super efficient and I never ever have a build up of washing anymore.
    I do my 8yr old DS on Saturday, 6yr old DD Sunday, Monday 3yr old, 10 month old Tuesday, DH & myself on Wednesday and Thursday I do towels & bathmats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How do people get away with one jumper? My kids think they're disposable and we go through about 50 billion jumpers (and hats) every year.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsIsMe View Post
    I do one load per day with Friday's with no washing at all. I wash, dry, fold and put away each day which is super easy as it is only one location/pile drop. I use half a colour catcher in each load and no longer separate. Wash each persons sheets in their load too. I find it super efficient and I never ever have a build up of washing anymore.
    I do my 8yr old DS on Saturday, 6yr old DD Sunday, Monday 3yr old, 10 month old Tuesday, DH & myself on Wednesday and Thursday I do towels & bathmats.
    We're changing our kids rooms around in the next few weeks...and they're now all getting their own laundry hamper so I can do this. I am so glad you shared! I am so sick of the 'these aren't my undies/socks/shorts' arguements, and this system just eliminates that completely. I feel like you just changed my life 😂
    Last edited by Full House; 03-09-2016 at 13:15.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

MrsIsMe  (04-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a bit of a cheap skate so I only have the kids one set of uniforms each. They wear the same clothes every day, I just wash and dry them ever night hH

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelicHobgoblin For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (03-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have always has 5 uniforms for kiddo so 1 for every day. 2 formal shirts, 2 polls and 1 coloured polo for sports day once a week. He also has 5 shorts too. I do the washing once a week on the weekend.

He is grade 4

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our hat count this year so far is 6. My son has 2 of each uniform. It's not enough but they're not cheap!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spincycle For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS is now grade four and he has two sport uniforms and three formal, one jumper and one hat. We don't need winter uniforms here as it doesn't get cold enough.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We would be down to our granny undies and holey socks if we only washed out stuff once a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread idea!

We start school next year and im lost with how much to buy. I was thinking 1 or 2 logo tops shirts and jumpers with a few cheap plain ones incase. Pants/shorts are black so that's easy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a uniform for every day of the week so I do t have to worry about washing. They only have one type though (polo shirt and footy shorts). I also have two hats for each of them (but started with one and then bought a new one each year as they tend to lose and find their hats regularly). I have two jumpers for them in winter and my youngest has tracksuit pants (eldest won't wear them but it's never extremely cold here.) I bought two 5 packs of socks for them but they always seem to be searching for socks!!!