+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is in year 4. He wears formal uniform 3 days per week and sports 2 days.

He has:

3 formal shirts
    2 sport shirts
    2 formal shorts
    2 sport shorts
    1 formal jumper
    1 sport jacket
    Formal hat
    Sport hat

I could get away with 2 formal shirts if his formal days weren't 3 days in a row (and if they weren't white!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep my kids are at public school and they stopped getting uniforms supplied by lowes and found their own supplier because they put the prices up all the time. I have a lot of the school shirts and the jackets but jumpers and tracksuit pants I get from big w etc as my son just doesn't keep them clean

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS is in kindy and has a hat, sun hat, blazer, jumper , sports shirt and tie and I have 2 pairs of shorts but I did get 5 pairs of socks and 5 shirts so I don't have to wash during the week! ( I started out buying 3 but it's just easier not worrying about washing!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    After reading this thread I'm feeling grateful DS2'd school doesn't have a uniform! $30 for a polo shirt in a public primary school 😱 my DS1 went private and his primary uniforms were $30 for a complete set (polo, shirts and socks) from the school uniform shop - I guess it was a long time ago.
    @Mod-Degrassi are you able to buy your own (cheaper) shirts and have the embroidery of the logo do elsewhere?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are at a private school but are lucky our shirts don't have logos ( the tie and blazer and hat does) so our shirts are only $15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @Mod-Degrassi are you able to buy your own (cheaper) shirts and have the embroidery of the logo do elsewhere?
    I'm not sure, but it's a great idea! Will look into that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    We are at a private school but are lucky our shirts don't have logos ( the tie and blazer and hat does) so our shirts are only $15
    It's good when there are no logos. DD's new school next year is public but the cost of uniforms are crazy. Thankfully I can get away with at least the shirts at bigw.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My kids usually have 3 changes plus a sport uniform, so I need to sometimes wash once through the week, not at all if they are clean and can rewear one set. They have 2 jumpers and a spray jacket each and about 34 hats each They lose them then find them lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is in prep. He has 2 pairs of shorts, 3 polos, 2 pairs of long pants and a pair of tracksuit pants. We're in Melbourne so he needs more pairs of long pants than shorts because they take longer to dry. I do a load of washing every day so he has enough taking that into account. That being said, I have been caught out having a polo on the line which I've needed to tumble dry on occasion. He has one bomber jacket as well which gets washed weekly. I refused to buy him long sleeved polos; he just wears plain, coloured long sleeved t-shirts underneath his polo T-shirt. He has 3 of those as well.

Only the polos and jumper are from the school because they have the logo. Everything else is from target or Big W. The school is pretty relaxed though and as long as they're neat and in school colours, they don't mind if they're not in clothes with logos.

He doesn't have a sports uniform as such and just wears the trackies on days he has sport. He wears runners every day and has one pair which I need to replace.

I never send him in the same T-shirt and bottoms even if they're not marked. I don't know why.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    7 yr old ds has:

- School tshirt x 4 (could get by with 3)
    - faction shirt x 2 (could get by with 1)
    - shorts x 3
    - trousers x 1 (these are never worn, even on the coldest days. None of the boys in ds's class seem to wear long pants ever).
    - jumpers x 2 (originally we just had the 1 but found it wasn't enough)
    - hats x 5. We only bought one originally but they get lost all the time and then found again months later.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post: