+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default School uniform question - boys

To those who have boys in primary school - how many of each uniform item do you have?

I will need to buy DS polo shirts, long sleeve polos, shorts, trousers, jacket and a hat. I guess he should be okay with one hat and one jacket, but he'll need a few of the others.

Do you have enough items to cover the whole week, or have less items and wash during the week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

My DS is in grade 3 I've always bought 2 jumpers, 3 track pants, 2 shorts, 5 tshirts, 2 skivvies for under his tshirts and 5 long sleeve polo. Boys tend to gets more holes then girls in clothes I've noticed.

I buy everything from Kmart and target. Target have the nicer polo's then Kmart but trackies at Kmart where better then target. He also has 2 hats. He's in public school but he still goes dressed neatly everyday

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DS is in grade 4, he has one hat, one jumper, one long sleeve polo, one short sleeve polo, one pair of pants and one pair of shorts, and a house sports colour top. As he wears them out or puts holes in them I get a new one. I don't wash them during the week unless he's really marked them up which is usually only his shirt and it goes on a quick wash as soon as he's home and hung out to dry. He's at public school but I buy from the uniform shop as it lasts better (pants and shorts, school top with logo compulsory)

ETA: DS uniform is navy
    Last edited by ICanDream; 02-09-2016 at 12:48.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have 2 shirts 2 shorts and a sports uniform.
    Same for winter really. Plus the school jumper, 1 hat (now 2 because he thought he lost one) and stacks of socks.

Allows me to wash and have a spare, but he's been pretty good this year and hasn't been too filthy lol.

Last year in kindy/prep, he was a mess every day.

Ps agree with the holes, esp in the sports tracksuit. I'm constantly having to patch it up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    My DS is in grade 3 I've always bought 2 jumpers, 3 track pants, 2 shorts, 5 tshirts, 2 skivvies for under his tshirts and 5 long sleeve polo. Boys tend to gets more holes then girls in clothes I've noticed.

I buy everything from Kmart and target. Target have the nicer polo's then Kmart but trackies at Kmart where better then target. He also has 2 hats. He's in public school but he still goes dressed neatly everyday
    My DS is going to a public school too, but all their uniform items are from Lowes and have emblems on them! $30 for a short sleeve polo shirt

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is grade 1. He has a range of things, but my general rule is he wears the same for 2 days (obviously unless it's dirty) then he changes. So I have 3 sets of uniform that only gets washed on weekends. He only has 1 pair of trackies though as he is a shorts all the time kind of kid. I think when he gets older, and stinkier, I'll get him a polo for every day to change.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hakuna matata For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is in grade 1. He has about 8 shirts as some were hand me downs from neighbours, and 4 pairs of pants. But I doing at least one load of washing every day so he just usually wears the same set. The others are just backups in case I'm sick or something.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Minimum 3 t-shirts, 3 shorts, 3 long pants for winter, 2 jumpers. We do several loads of washing every week so the minimum gets us by, more is a bonus. They pretty much need clean clothes every day so it depends how often you do washing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I have 3 long pants, 3 shorts, 1 sports shorts, 1 long sports pants, 3 jumpers, 1 jacket, probably 6 school shirts as they are the same for boys and girls and he's got some of my daughter's old shirts. Honestly, he gets so dirty I have to wash his uniforms during the week so they're clean. My daughter has 3 long pants, 2 jackets and shirts and her jackets, shirts and pants stay clean for the week

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a girl, so I hope you don't mind me answering.
    I'm starting with:
    2 Summer uniforms
    1 Winter uniform (I'll buy another as it starts to cool down)
    1 jumper (same as above)
    1 sports uniform
    1 cheap spare set as a backup
    1 hat
    School shoes
    Joggers

Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    My DS is going to a public school too, but all their uniform items are from Lowes and have emblems on them! $30 for a short sleeve polo shirt
    It's pretty crazy, isn't it. When it's a public school, I think they need to be considerate of some families not being able to afford the correct uniforms.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post: