+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mmr booster

Anyone had the mmr booster how long were you told to wait to try again? Gp said 3 months but some of the literature in read said 6 weeks even a month going to ask my ob but just confused wondering if anyone has any experience with this ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mmr booster

Hi @Rachi321 i was told by my GP and OB to wait 4 weeks. I was confused as i had read so many conflicting opinions, however i trust my ob and he said definitely only 4 weeks. How is everything else going hun?

ETA: I had a booster and thought i would now be immune, however some people dont develop an immunity to measles and sometimes you need 2 boosters so just bear that in mind as well.
    Last edited by MrsMummaButterfly; 01-09-2016 at 20:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How low was your immunity ? Yeah I'm ok just waiting for my karotyping results how are you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rachi321 im not too sure sorry, all i know is that i wasn't immune. I then got 1 booster and I'm currently pregnant with my rainbow baby and not immune again. My doc said as i didn't get my second booster, this may have given me immunity, or it may not have. They didn't even mention i may need a second one so we started TTC 4 weeks after my first booster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck with your karotyping results hun, i hope you can get some answers and a plan forward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My ob said to wait 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachi321 View Post
    Anyone had the mmr booster how long were you told to wait to try again? Gp said 3 months but some of the literature in read said 6 weeks even a month going to ask my ob but just confused wondering if anyone has any experience with this ?
    My GP told me 3 months. My immunities were fine for measles and rubella but I have none for mumps. It's too late now.