Closed Thread
Page 27 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts thinking of you! So glad you have some perfect embryos to transfer. I have that spot waiting for you xx My HCG is higher this time than with the other two. I am going to have regular bloods though just to reassure me. I don't think I will relax until I am at least 12 weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babydream101 View Post
    Thank you 3rd cycle 1st FET so here's to hoping it's a very short stay!
    The waiting could drive anyone mad!! I had my eggs collected on the 5/8 and am only going in now for my FET!
    Hope it arrives soon
    I hear you there. My eggs were collected back in March and we got our bfp with fresh transfer but unfortunately our little girl passed away in utero for unknown reasons (she was perfect) so these last 3 months have been hard waiting it out letting my body recover and knowing I should still be pregnant and getting ready to pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerlion View Post
    *Rant alert*

I am so p*ssed off. I went for my 10 day scan today for a frozen cycle. I had egg pick up in August so ovaries all over the place still.

Girl shows up to do my scan and looks about 12. Not the usual person. As she is doing the scan she tells me I have an endometrioma on my right ovary and it might need to be removed (I already know they don't do this at Monash IVF for IVF patients), I tell her they don't do that for IVF - shouldn't she know this? Spends ages poking around. Then she says ' do you mind if I call in my supervisor? nothing to worry about'. So calls in the supervisor who proceeds to tell her 'yes that's a hydrosalpinx'(blocked tube for those that haven't been affected by this). Now. two weeks ago I had a tubal patencey (spelling?) test which showed both fallopian tubes are open which I tell the supervisor, she looks surprised and tells me it looks blocked and shrugs her shoulders. So now I'm angry. 2 weeks ago I have a test that shows tubes open. She obviously thinks I don't know what she's talking about as they chat about my supposed blocked tube. I call my FS wanting to know what the hell is going on, obvs he can't talk and I'm still waiting for a call back. I am so disappointed in Monash IVF today. I can't believe they would discuss that while I'm there and then dismiss me. URGH
    I'm lost for words at the treatment. Glad you've had your sanity restored though.

Quote Originally Posted by julianicholson View Post
    Hi team just got the call and it is a BFP, my HCG is 143 and due date 12th of June. Going for repeat bloods on Monday just to make sure they are increasing.
    congrats on your bfp and good luck for Monday's bt.

Quote Originally Posted by mish239 View Post
    Congratulations that is fantastic news! So excited for you

I had my scan this morning and just waiting for a call. It looks like retrivial is going to be Friday. I have one that is 2.5 in size so they are worried that one is ready to ovulate and will take the others with it. They said I have 10 mature ones and 5 that are nearly there so by Friday could be good!

And I brought a skirt for my event on Sunday! Long and flowy from jeanswest , yah!!!
    Fingers crossed it isn't impatient and it makes it to Friday xo

Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    @julianicholson I'm SO happy to read your result! Congratulations!!!! I really hope this is the one. Well done for graduating to the DIG!! Save me a spot there
    Tell me, what have been your numbers with your chemicals/mc? Is it better this time? I know it will be hard to trust the numbers but this could be it!!!
    @Gingerlion I hate getting flippant sonographers. I don't think they realise that what they say stays with us all day. Hope you get to chat to your FS soon xx

Yay @pops glad AF is here!!! Twins would be hard. But some people would love to have two at once then stop. Up to you. You could also get triplets or quads I understand wanting a positive result tho. A big decision to make xx

AFM Just got off the phone with the embryologist. Got 3 normal embryos!!!!!!! Sooooo happy!!!
    1 came back abnormal
    2 were inconclusive
    1 had no result

The best thing is we only get charged for 4 as we got 4 results! We can retest the others down the line if we need to. (Hopefully one of the three is the one!!)

Found out last night that our baby had one less X chromosome. A very common cause of miscarriage. Means it was a little girl. Somehow knowing that makes me sad. Gives the baby more of an identity. Very much a blessing it didn't survive because life would have been hard for her.(only a small % make it to live birth with this syndrome)

I also still have blood clots that need to pass before we can cycle again which they saw in the scan last night. If it doesn't pass naturally I'll have to have another procedure. Fingers crossed I don't. He predicts my period will come in two weeks.

Oh and apparently I'm ovulating! They haven't been able to determine whether I do that so it feels nice to know my body is doing something that it should be doing...for once. No chance of conception with the blood clot still there tho. Nothing to stick to. Oh and I have blocked tubes too!

Lots to process these last two days xxx
    Speak to my FS tonight about a plan of action.
    Wow where to start Hun. Massive hugs. So glad you've got some good results from the embryos.

Turners syndrome I'm guessing you're talking about for the other results. Have they referred you to a genetic counsellor? Jacob obviously wasn't female but he was missing his X chromosome. So after our 12 week scan (6.5ml nuchal fold & 199bpm heart rate) we knew something was wrong so had to see the genetic counsellor who went through t21,13,18 & turners. We then had to see them again after we got full results.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (05-10-2016),lotsathoughts  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    I hear you there. My eggs were collected back in March and we got our bfp with fresh transfer but unfortunately our little girl passed away in utero for unknown reasons (she was perfect) so these last 3 months have been hard waiting it out letting my body recover and knowing I should still be pregnant and getting ready to pop.

I'm lost for words at the treatment. Glad you've had your sanity restored though.

congrats on your bfp and good luck for Monday's bt.

Fingers crossed it isn't impatient and it makes it to Friday xo

Wow where to start Hun. Massive hugs. So glad you've got some good results from the embryos.

Turners syndrome I'm guessing you're talking about for the other results. Have they referred you to a genetic counsellor? Jacob obviously wasn't female but he was missing his X chromosome. So after our 12 week scan (6.5ml nuchal fold & 199bpm heart rate) we knew something was wrong so had to see the genetic counsellor who went through t21,13,18 & turners. We then had to see them again after we got full results.
    That's absolutely heart breaking im so sad to hear that.. and hope that you can go for your next transfer soon! My cycle actually begun in February this year and was canceled twice waiting is NOT fun!
    It's so sad that everyone on here has been through so much pain in their journeys and everyone is unique and different and all have been heart broken at some stage.
    Hopefully lots of miracles are around the corner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post

Oh no haven't been referred yet, we speak to our FS tonight to discuss. Feels like it's full steam ahead for the next cycle. My brain is in the process of keeping up.
    He might discuss it further with me tonight. My Obstetrician just spoke to me about the baby being infertile and not having periods so that's where my assumption of a girl came from. Last night I go a lot more info than I was prepared for. Now getting ready for tonight's chat.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    @Gingerlion I'll keep the others frozen in the meantime and will hopefully not have to call on them to be tested again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How great you have three normal @lotsathoughts! Hopefully you get another BFP next transfer and a take home bub. After a m/c I had slow dropping hcg too. Took a month but I finally passed everything on the day I was booked for d and c. Hope yours goes away soon.
    @julianicholson I know what you mean- there is always a new milestone to wait for in pregnancy. The stress doesn't end really but it's so worth it in the end!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (05-10-2016),lotsathoughts  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your feedback! It's so good to hear other people's opinions in similar situations .. definitely a hard one. I have just called my clinic and asked for the dr to call me back and see what he says.

I think I would be happy to get twins as I don't think I could go through all of this for another baby. I get so depressed and I have a 3 year old that I just hate her seeing me like this. Quads though ! That scares me!

I am still 30 and I have 11 frozen embryos (I only had 3 from the first collection so some magic surely happened with this round). So I dont think I'm an ideal candidate to have a double transfer but I think only you know what your body can handle ! I certainly won't be having another 11 transfers.

How many attempts have you had @mish239 ? They like the follicles as close to 20 as possible. 🏻

Oh wow @NandM ! That's exciting! Fingers are crossed for you X
    @lotsathoughts huge congrats on the embys! That is great news. And sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's such an awful feeling especially how long it seems to drag on for. I miscarried earlier this year.. On Mothers Day! Yeh that was a nice slap in the face ! Love how positive you are X
    @MaybeBabyIVF that is such an awful thing to have to go through. I hope you can start another transfer soon X X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pops For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by julianicholson View Post
    Attachment 84816

Here it is team, I'm off to get my BT. Today's is darker for sure xx
    Looks great to me!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pops this is only my 2nd cycle. The first cycle I got 11 eggs, 9 mature ones and only 1 embryo which is frozen.

Just got the call, trigger at 9.30pm tonight and have to be at the hospital at 7.30 fri morning. I'm excited but a little scared after last time.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (05-10-2016),Phia  (05-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay!! Good luck @mish239 ! Hopefully you wake up with amazing news X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Oh no haven't been referred yet, we speak to our FS tonight to discuss. Feels like it's full steam ahead for the next cycle. My brain is in the process of keeping up.
    He might discuss it further with me tonight. My Obstetrician just spoke to me about the baby being infertile and not having periods so that's where my assumption of a girl came from. Last night I go a lot more info than I was prepared for. Now getting ready for tonight's chat.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    @Gingerlion I'll keep the others frozen in the meantime and will hopefully not have to call on them to be tested again.
    Turners is what it is called if a girl is missing one of their X chromosome. Chances are higher that was your Bub as they would of seen the other X chromosome. Jacob only had a Y chromosome really got the jackpot with him. They don't know how I made 16weeks before he passed away in utero (should of had an early early mc). Lucky for us Charlotte's passing wasn't due to any chromosome abnormality.

Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Thank you for all your feedback! It's so good to hear other people's opinions in similar situations .. definitely a hard one. I have just called my clinic and asked for the dr to call me back and see what he says.

I think I would be happy to get twins as I don't think I could go through all of this for another baby. I get so depressed and I have a 3 year old that I just hate her seeing me like this. Quads though ! That scares me!

I am still 30 and I have 11 frozen embryos (I only had 3 from the first collection so some magic surely happened with this round). So I dont think I'm an ideal candidate to have a double transfer but I think only you know what your body can handle ! I certainly won't be having another 11 transfers.

How many attempts have you had @mish239 ? They like the follicles as close to 20 as possible. 🏻

Oh wow @NandM ! That's exciting! Fingers are crossed for you X
    @lotsathoughts huge congrats on the embys! That is great news. And sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's such an awful feeling especially how long it seems to drag on for. I miscarried earlier this year.. On Mothers Day! Yeh that was a nice slap in the face ! Love how positive you are X
    @MaybeBabyIVF that is such an awful thing to have to go through. I hope you can start another transfer soon X X
    Thanks Hun. AF will be here in the next couple of days (CD26 today). Then it will be 5 days past ovulation as our 3 embryos are 5day blasties. So in 3 weeks I'll be PUPO.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeBabyIVF For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (05-10-2016)