Closed Thread
Page 16 of 107 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im out...did POAS and it was negative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im out...did POAS and it was negative. No AF yet but definitely no line! Sorry @cookie it looks like we both have sad news😳

So I see the FS thurs and I often see on posts that FS's do certain tests to check whats happening - can you guys tell me names of some tests I might need to ask my FS about? I've not had any tests so far and given that its number 3 transfer with BFN I want to make sure they are checking that everything is working!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear of the BFN @katham The only tests I've had is antibody tests (thyroid and ANA) and I also had a karyotype and clotting tests for anti phospholipid antibodies.
    Some do a biopsy for NK cells but my FS isn't keen on it. They suggested PGS next as the most likely cause of non implantation is chromosome problems in the embryo from poor egg quality (I'm 38).

Remind me how old you are? What tests have you had?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (02-10-2016),pingc383  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katham I am sorry to hear this. Look after yourself. I agree with what @Flower78 is suggesting in terms of tests.

I would ask for a biopsy as this also helps with implantation in your next cycle. I have had MRI on my uterus and Fallopian tubes. Have you been tested for MTHFR? If not throw that in the mix. I think they will suggest PGS too, they did for us. Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

katham  (04-10-2016),pingc383  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 PGD preimplantation genetic diagnosis when you are looking for specific illnesses or issues, PGS is screening for a 'normal' set of chromosomes. A lot of clinics say PGD but it's actually PGS the terms seem a bit interchangeable.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

Flower78  (02-10-2016),pingc383  (02-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Thanks Hun, Genea made it sound like they were two different things!

I really want to try my eggs with dh's sperm doing all the work, instead of icsi.. I want to see if they can make it on their own.. But I need a huge egg haul for that......
    They are 2 different things but a lot of clinics refer to the testing as PGD when it is PGS.

We have only ever done ICSI as DH swimmers don't really swim. I understand why you don't want to do ICSI but if it is the most viable option I would definitely think about it long and hard. Some people do 50/50 ICSI/IVF that might be an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of the girls recently did 50/50 (she's 38) and the only one that made it was the one that wasn't icsi'd!! So now it's got me thinking...

Anyway, how are you going?
    It's all very interesting, there certainly isn't a one model fits all. I am going well just tired from the medication and trying to wish the days away for my BT Wednesday

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Hun, Genea made it sound like they were two different things!

I really want to try my eggs with dh's sperm doing all the work, instead of icsi.. I want to see if they can make it on their own.. But I need a huge egg haul for that......
    Hey hun, as @julianicholson said PGS and PGD seem to be used for the same thing by many clinics but strictly PGS is what you want, it tests all chromosomes for number and also and big translications. It doesn't test for small specific genetic abnormalities, PGD does that.

I don't think you can do PGS with IVF. My centre gave us an appointment to go over the details of how it works. With IVF many sperm start penetrating the outside of the egg. When one gets in, the egg "seals off" so no more can get in. However bits of the sperm that didn't make it are still trapped there in the shell. So when they biopsy, they can get part of the sperm genetic material in the test sample and it makes it inaccurate. With ICSI as its just one sperm in the sample it's accurate.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (03-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm out, again... AF in full swing this morning. 2 days before blood test AGAIN. Maybe I'll have better luck doing frozen transfer instead of fresh. I wish everyone the best of luck. Does anyone know how soon I can go into a frozen cycle ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a question to everyone who's had pessaries I've had them once before but don't remember as much leakage? I'm aware it's normal but scared this much isn't?