Closed Thread
Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default IVF/FET Sept-Oct 2016

I know I am getting in early but figure may as well as I can't be the only one waiting til October to start our FET.

I didn't think I'd be back here after we got our BFP in March after our first successful round but unfortunately our DD was born sleeping at 16weeks. So we've been waiting for all our test results etc to come back before doing another round to see if we can get answers and a game plan for next time as Charlotte was chromosomal normal. We go back to see our Ob/FS (same dr thankfully) tomorrow for the last of our results. There have been no answers to date so not expecting anything tomorrow but will discuss next pregnancy and game plan. 4 years ago at the end of this month and still no take home Bub. Here's hoping we are blessed soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heya, we are back after about a year off to get my mind and body on track! We are looking at October cycle (full stim cycle hopefully through to fresh transfer but will be happy with freeze all as long as we get something!). Last cycle (with EPU on my 30th Birthday!) ended with 1 egg retrieved instead of the 6-8 we were expecting. It fertilised and was transferred at day 3 but didn't make it. Is time round doc is increasing my dose (usually low due to high risk of OHSS) and doing double trigger ?? which I don't know the details of but happy to give it a shot! Will be Gonal F, adding cetrotide (can't remember when this usually starts though) then if we get to transfer will have clexane and prednisone added to the mix. As well as all the usual progesterone and other bits and pieces. Current plan is aiming for EPU 17/10 but will confirm the plan with nurse next Wednesday. Feels like forever away but really isn't far! Good luck everyone on the roller coaster this time round!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Sept-Oct 2016

Welcome @TeeMM. Crossing everything you get a better outcome this time round.

What's the clexane and prednisone for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doc added in the clexane and prednisone after a few failed FET's from our first stim cycle, she did a swag of autoimmune testing but nothing came up, but the clexane is a blood thinner which apparently will help if there are micro clots in the endometrium that are preventing implantation and the prednisone I'm not really sure (it's a very low dose - just to help a little I think??) but the first FET that we added them in to we got a BFP that just didn't go the distance :-( I am one to just go with whatever my doc says haha! It's kind of like she says we can try this, it won't hurt you and it may help haha!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeeMM For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeMM View Post
    Doc added in the clexane and prednisone after a few failed FET's from our first stim cycle, she did a swag of autoimmune testing but nothing came up, but the clexane is a blood thinner which apparently will help if there are micro clots in the endometrium that are preventing implantation and the prednisone I'm not really sure (it's a very low dose - just to help a little I think??) but the first FET that we added them in to we got a BFP that just didn't go the distance :-( I am one to just go with whatever my doc says haha! It's kind of like she says we can try this, it won't hurt you and it may help haha!
    That's fair enough. I'm new to Fet and we had an unexplained still birth back in June that showed no clots in the placenta etc & I don't have a clotting disorder but I am a carrier for one of them (forgot to ask which one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for your loss! Fingers crossed for your FET, I find the FET process so much simpler, I am a little obsessive with my stim cycles and check my plan shot 5 or 6 times a day to make sure I don't stuff it up!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TeeMM For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeMM View Post
    Sorry for your loss! Fingers crossed for your FET, I find the FET process so much simpler, I am a little obsessive with my stim cycles and check my plan shot 5 or 6 times a day to make sure I don't stuff it up!!
    Haha that sounds so like me. I kept worrying I would some how stuff it up and then need to have the cycle cancelled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. How do I subscribe to this group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crossingfingers View Post
    Hi all. How do I subscribe to this group?
    Once you reply it automatically does

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am heading for start of stims 4th October at this stage, seems like forever away but will be here before we know it I'm sure!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TeeMM For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (10-09-2016)