Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's right

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was happy to see this as our FS is finding out all the ins and outs for us. We have 3 in the freezer ATM and after an unexplained stillbirth we are contemplating having this done but waiting to hear what the odds are with thawing testing and refreezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't realise they could thaw and test @MaybeBabyIVF. I hope you can get it done. It really takes a lot (but not all!) of the worry out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

MaybeBabyIVF  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes they can thaw and retest. We got an inconclusive result on one embryo and they have offered that to us. I'm hoping one of my two normals takes and I don't need to worry. Our clinic charges $4800 for as many embryos as you have. Retesting is included if needed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tested for chromosomal abnormalities after many ivf failures. Still no luck for us yet but I don't regret going the testing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Thank you ☺ Do you mind telling me what you were testing for? Feel free not to respond if it's too personal.
    Hi JustJaq

We are doing PGD for single gene disorder that my DH has.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeBabyIVF View Post
    Was happy to see this as our FS is finding out all the ins and outs for us. We have 3 in the freezer ATM and after an unexplained stillbirth we are contemplating having this done but waiting to hear what the odds are with thawing testing and refreezing.
    Sorry to hear about you baby's stillbirth and wishing you all the best with your IVF treatment. I just wanted let you know that we had two inconclusive embryos that needed to be thawed to be retested. One thawed fine and was retested and came back normal. The other disintegrated after thawing and so could not be retested and was discarded. They did say something along the lines that it would not have been likely to develop into a pregnancy anyway. The one that was normal and then refrozen was again thawed earlier this year for our transfer and had a 100% cell survival rate after they thawed it and it looked amazing (hatching blastocyst). Unfortunately I had a chemical pregnancy but I think that is more to do with my uncooperative uterus than our beautiful (and tough) little embryo that was biopsied, frozen, thawed, biopsied, refrozen and thawed again. If you are worried about the thawing and refreezing then perhaps you could try it with one of your embryos and see how that goes rather than doing all three at once.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShannyAnny For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannyAnny View Post
    Sorry to hear about you baby's stillbirth and wishing you all the best with your IVF treatment. I just wanted let you know that we had two inconclusive embryos that needed to be thawed to be retested. One thawed fine and was retested and came back normal. The other disintegrated after thawing and so could not be retested and was discarded. They did say something along the lines that it would not have been likely to develop into a pregnancy anyway. The one that was normal and then refrozen was again thawed earlier this year for our transfer and had a 100% cell survival rate after they thawed it and it looked amazing (hatching blastocyst). Unfortunately I had a chemical pregnancy but I think that is more to do with my uncooperative uterus than our beautiful (and tough) little embryo that was biopsied, frozen, thawed, biopsied, refrozen and thawed again. If you are worried about the thawing and refreezing then perhaps you could try it with one of your embryos and see how that goes rather than doing all three at once.
    That's a good idea and food for thought. Thanks for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies, and sorry to hear about those who have had losses, and those yet to have a take home bubba. Best wishes, everyone.