+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Help change Egg Donation in Australia

The Regulating Relations research team, at UTS Sydney (a research university) need to talk to women who have formed their families with the help of overseas donor eggs.

They are trying to to better understand the risks and benefits of overseas treatment and what needs to be changed here in Australia in order to make our system more accessible.

If you can help, or know someone who can, please contact regulatingrelations@uts.edu.au or call Michaela on 02 9514 3152.

Please post in this thread to keep it 'hot' so as many people as possible see and help if they can!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello there,

There must be something going on because this is the 2nd site who is asking recipients what needs to change in Australia regarding egg donation. As a searching recipient, I can say it has to change! Please contact Dianne Johnston of Egg Donor Angels, (google it because I don't have her email address). She is currently asking her recipients this exact question. She went to South Africa for a donor after a long heart wrenching time trying to conceive in Australia. She is now the administrator of egg donor angels and would be a perfect person to talk to about this.

My opinion, there needs to be a registry or database of recipient and donor names and both parties can choose a partner, so to speak, from the database. It is time consuming and a lengthy process and many people also get hurt in the process. People have given Dianne feedback as well. I'll let her tell you about it.

Thanks

Jo

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cost needs to be lowered too! Overseas is cheaper and quicker

Thanks
    Reviews
    The laws surrounding donor gametes need relaxing too. As soon as it was made that they had to be known donor it was harder for us to access. Even from overseas we have to only access those who agree to going on the known donor register. Now some countries say South Africa it must be anonymous. So we can't access that. Unless we travel there. Well I'm a big chicken when it comes to flights, so there goes that for me.

Also we should be able to have an advertising campaign to let others know that there are families that could be helped out. If they don't know such a thing exists how can they contemplate it?

Just like blood donors are advertised for so should donor gametes.

Maybe allow the recipient give the donor a gift under $1000 for their time.

I want to give our donor a gift but we aren't allowed.

I'm blood group 0 and I'm standing firm on this I will donate once we are allowed to advertise for donor gametes.

I still think the costs are ok for donor sperm but the costs for donor eggs are $$$$.

Mysticfalls