2 year gap between 1st and 2nd then 3 year gap between 2nd and 3rd? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    F as I think I want to do this.

Maybe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have DS1 (7yrs), DD (2.5yrs) and DS2 (9 months). So a 4.5 yr gap and a 20 month gap.

I really love my big gap. I think it is awesome and has very few negatives (actually I can only think of 1 negative, returning to the baby stage after you have already left it behind can be a little tedious). My DS1 and DD absolutely adore each other. They are incredibly close and play together beautifully. They will spend weekends playing together from sun up to sun down. I love it.

I am hoping my closer gap will pay off in time, but right now I definitely prefer the larger one. Dd was still such a baby herself when she became a big sister.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 year gap between 1st and 2nd then 3 year gap between 2nd and 3rd?

My first 2 are 13 months apart which was v hard work in the early days, now it's great as they're pretty much doing the same thing and their bond is incredible - they are a package deal. Then there is a gap of 3 years between my 2nd and 3rd which has been a lot easier in the sense of workload as I only have 1 baby and the boys help, are independent and can do most things for themselves. Even with a 3 year gap I have felt I've gone right back to the beginning but my boys adore their little sister and I think the gap has worked perfectly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for starting this thread. I have 20 months between 1 and 2 and was aiming for similar with number 3.
    Unfortunately 2 years TTC has meant the age gap between 2 and 3 will be 3 and a half years...I was really stressed for this belly bubba being left out and lonely... I was already thinking of how to convince DH to go for a fourth just so this one is not alone...
    Now I'm starting to feel positive for the gap... Especially since DS will start school just before this Bub is born... DD and this one will have more one on one time together...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Thanks for starting this thread. I have 20 months between 1 and 2 and was aiming for similar with number 3.
    Unfortunately 2 years TTC has meant the age gap between 2 and 3 will be 3 and a half years...I was really stressed for this belly bubba being left out and lonely... I was already thinking of how to convince DH to go for a fourth just so this one is not alone...
    Now I'm starting to feel positive for the gap... Especially since DS will start school just before this Bub is born... DD and this one will have more one on one time together...
    I feel like I'll need 4 kids if our gap is bigger between #2 and #3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Just wanted to let you know I think personality plays a part - not necessarily age. I was closest to my eldest brother and we were 4 years apart. My brother who was 18 months older - well we did not get on at all growing up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    I feel like I'll need 4 kids if our gap is bigger between #2 and #3
    Same lol I hate uneven numbers too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (01-09-2016)