+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Measuring two weeks ahead

Hi everyone. I had my 20w morph scan yesterday (I'm 19w5d) and am measuring at 21w3d! My dates aren't out as it's an IVF pregnancy. Anyone know if this could be gestational diabetes (I'm actually on the tiny side not overweight), earlier EDD or just a huge Bub? Also my placenta is completely covering my cervix... Does anyone know if it moves that much before birth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure after 12 weeks, measurements aren't as accurate and can be up to 2 weeks out? (I think that's what my ob said) as babies all grow at their own rate. Could have just had a growth spurt, be a tall baby, etc etc.

Placenta can move, they will do a check up scan I assume, they do usually move I believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As babymummatobe said after 12 weeks the measurements can be out. I wouldn't say bub is huge but maybe long legs or torso. Are you a tall family.

I had my NT scan today and bub measured a week ahead and the sonographer said she wouldn't change my dates because even now measurements aren't as accurate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same, was measureing spot on until 22 weeks then a week ahead. I had GD also but gave birth to a 6pound 1ounce baby girl 8 weeks ago. GD doesn't always mean big babies, as we found out 😊 if u are tall thst could have something to do with it. I wouldn't worry though. My placenta was also covering my cervix but did move and i laboured naturally. Congratulations

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same too. 2 weeks ahead at morph scan, 3 weeks ahead in third trimester scan! Nothing to worry about. I suspected GD but I didn't have it. Bub was born at 3.5kg, 38 weeks. There's a small margin for error with those scans too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much that helps put my mind at ease :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I saw an Ob all the way through so had lots of u/s and in all of them my DS2 measured ahead, usually 2+ weeks. I was 100% positive of conception date, and early dating scans confirmed that. DS2 was born almost 4kg, so almost 9 pound, 2 weeks early. So he was a big boy without being huge. No GD at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I saw an Ob all the way through so had lots of u/s and in all of them my DS2 measured ahead, usually 2+ weeks. I was 100% positive of conception date, and early dating scans confirmed that. DS2 was born almost 4kg, so almost 9 pound, 2 weeks early. So he was a big boy without being huge. No GD at all.
    This is also my experience almost exactly although I did have GD. It was very well controlled though and he was born at 40 weeks at almost 4kg. I'm currently 33 weeks with a girl and no GD and she is also going to be a big bub. She is also currently measuring ahead so sometimes it's just genetics and not due to GD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel0v3d View Post
    As babymummatobe said after 12 weeks the measurements can be out. I wouldn't say bub is huge but maybe long legs or torso. Are you a tall family.

I had my NT scan today and bub measured a week ahead and the sonographer said she wouldn't change my dates because even now measurements aren't as accurate.
    The measurements that were the biggest were head and stomach!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsh1984 View Post
    The measurements that were the biggest were head and stomach!
    DS2's stomach measurements were the most ahead. My Ob said that's the biggest indication of heavy baby vs the other measurements. DS2 measured only a few days ahead on head, about 2 weeks on length, and 3 or more on tummy. He was 53cm I think which was 65th percentile? Head was 36cm. But being only 38 weeks skewed the chart.

Sounds like your bubba is going to be a good weight and nice sized head