+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked
    42
    Reviews
    0
    Maybe she was caught out and was going to replace them later

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,848
    Thanks
    6,202
    Thanked
    16,895
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post

    I would have the gym management, and asked them to do up a sign that it is a collection for homeless people, not 'free to a good home'.
    Agree. A note saying 'please do not take from these donations as they are for the homeless'. Nothing like emotional guilt lol

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (30-08-2016)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,977
    Thanks
    324
    Thanked
    804
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Off topic, but.. How have I never heard of "share the dignity"?
    Off to google!

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

    HearMeRoar  (30-08-2016),HeavenBlue  (30-08-2016)

  6. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,234
    Thanks
    652
    Thanked
    892
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Off topic, but.. How have I never heard of "share the dignity"?
    Off to google!
    A mum at my kids schools runs a collection.

    It's a great cause. In my own, oblivious little world I would never have ever considered what homeless women do for sanitary products.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanks
    1,065
    Thanked
    811
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think I would have said anything to the woman, as her circumstances are unknown. But as PPs have said, I'd probably have mentioned it to the gym staff, to see if they could improve signage or perhaps relocate the basket.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,168
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked
    713
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would have said "oh, I didn't know those were for us! I thought they were for women in shelters."

    Playing dumb would avoid confrontation and also correct her error if she genuinely thought they were a free for all.

  9. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

    Default Share the dignity - would you have said anything?

    I would have felt like saying something - not sure I would have though.

    I reckon there's a 60% chance she was being a tightarse/lazy/poor planner and 40% chance there was a valid reason (yes, as determined by me) for nicking the tampons.

    The odds aren't high enough for me to feel comfortable saying something.

  10. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,047
    Thanks
    3,333
    Thanked
    1,929
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Look tbh, I probably would've felt a bit offended that she took something out of the basket because I probably would've reached the conclusion that she could afford the gym membership so surely she could afford sanitary products. Would I have said anything? No. There's no way I could be sure that she could afford sanitary products that week and who knows, she might have prepaid her entire year at the gym before she got stuck for cash this week. I don't know the layout of your gym op, or what the display looks like but if I felt like it wasn't obvious enough that the collection was for the share the dignity cause, I too would just have a word with management.

  11. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,296
    Thanks
    8,244
    Thanked
    3,942
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Share the dignity - would you have said anything?

    I would just leave it.

    The fact she was so open in helping herself and to only one pack indicates she's either genuine - mistake, caught out or financial wise- or she just doesn't care (though I always like to think the best of people, so I'd assume she's genuine and it wouldn't bother me).

    It's ONE pack of pads. I pick my battles and always avoid unnecessary distress or confrontation. If it really bothers you I'd just let management know- it's their problem.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 30-08-2016 at 13:55.

  12. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,194
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked
    1,062
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I would just leave it.

    The fact she was so open in helping herself indicates she's either genuine - mistake, caught out or financial wise- or she just doesn't care (though I always like to think the best of people, so I'd assume she's genuine and it wouldn't bother me).

    It's ONE pack of pads. I pick my battles and always avoid unnecessary distress or confrontation. If it really bothers you I'd just let management know- it's their problem.
    This. But I would say something to management in case they wish to put a sign up to say that they're for the homeless and not complimentary. I'd never heard of Share the Dignity by the way.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

    babyno1onboard  (30-08-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Just wanted to share this...
    By ~Marigold~ in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-01-2016, 17:12
  2. Share your juicy gossip! :oP
    By Phony in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-10-2015, 15:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Mother and Baby Shop
Save $$$ during our Christmas Sale Mother and Baby Shop
Great prices on Schoenhut kids pianos, toys, baby clothing as well as big brands like Pigeon, NUK, Cherub Baby and many more. Sale starts on 1 November 2016 and ends on the 27 December 2016. Hurry! Place your order today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Baby Monitors
Looking to buy a baby monitor? :: Read viewer reviews of baby monitors BEFORE you buy :: Buy at a local or online Baby Nursery Shop
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!