+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Choosing obstetrician Mercy hospital

Hi I was just wondering if there is anyone who has had Dr Lenore Ellett as their obstetrician at Mercy private ? Dr Alison fung is booked out, I am looking for some reviews or feedback please before I book. Both practice from Dr Carol Vance's rooms.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi there, I'm also interested in this question. Charlotte Elder and Owen Stock have been offered by the hospital but I'm always keen to get a recommendation.

Has any been treated by these two OBs or have any other suggestions?

Thanks, ladies!
    Last edited by Optimistic Mama; 16-09-2016 at 07:53.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've am seeing dr Lenore Ellett privately for gyno issues post partum and she was also the doc who was on duty when I was in the ER during a regular clinic appointment and discussed with me to be induced and a plan to go forward etc (I was public at the mercy)
    I think she is fantastic. And if I was to have a second and decide to go private I would choose her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, clb84! Do you find her to be a good listener? What's her bedside manner like? I'm really keen to have an OB who works with you rather than treats you like just another patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I actually phoned to book an appointment with Charlotte Elder but the receptionist who was quiet rude kept trying to push me to see Carol Vance. I told her that I hadn't served my 12month waiting period with private insurance but was still covered if the baby came early as the due date was after the 12 month waiting period. I got it in writing for piece of mind. However when I phoned back to get an appointment with Charlotte, I was told that the receptionist was going to ask her whether or not she would still take me even though I had in writing from the insurance company that I was covered. More to my disappointment I never heard back from them. They were more interested in my insurance then anything else! I have decided to book with Kim Thompson who works at northpark and mercy heard amazing things about her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also Alison Fung has great reviews but seems to me like you have to book her pre conception as she is extremely hard to get into. I noticed at mercy public there was a lot of young trainee doctors which was also very concerning!