+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Would he understand that now he has a baby brother jumping off furniture isn't allowed? I understand he is high energy but honestly it really would worry me if I had a 4 year old boy jumping off furniture around a baby. My kids had to learn that sort of thing was for outside only. I also found with sleep deprivation my nerves would have been shot.
    Oh absolutely we have been working on it since I first fell pregnant. He is just so hmmm exuberant (for want of a better word) that he doesn't always remember. So yes we tell him he mustn't jump off the lounge (chairs or any other surface!) but it doesn't always get through. Sometimes he just gets so caught up in his game he doesn't really register if that makes sense.

Yes my nerves are shot and my anxiety is through the roof - combo of pregnancy hormones and sleep deprivation not helping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this issue! There is 19 months between my 2... I used to use a bassinet & also put her play mat on the coffee table & dinner table to keep DD off the floor... And also back in her cot if I needed to know where she was & safe (like going to toilet or having a shower) it's a juggle, as my DD didn't get any tummy time cause when she was on the floor DS would want to be right next to her with his feet & arms going everywhere!! But she still crawled at 8.5 months despite being in a braced (hip dysplasia)... I think it was the same as you, the older sibling is just so unpredictable it is hard to relax! But don't worry they grow pretty quickly & soon it's the little one hitting the big one!! Lol

Just thinking, do you have the room to set up a proper cot in the living room while you are using bassinet upstairs, just so you have somewhere you can put Bub down without having to worry about big bro pulling it over like a portacot?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Oh absolutely we have been working on it since I first fell pregnant. He is just so hmmm exuberant (for want of a better word) that he doesn't always remember. So yes we tell him he mustn't jump off the lounge (chairs or any other surface!) but it doesn't always get through. Sometimes he just gets so caught up in his game he doesn't really register if that makes sense.

Yes my nerves are shot and my anxiety is through the roof - combo of pregnancy hormones and sleep deprivation not helping.
    As much as I don't want to remember those days I know there was lots of shouting on my part. And many near misses. I look at my 4th and wonder how she survived. I had 3 under 5 at home 5 days a week when she was born. My head hurts when I think about it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids sat with me whilst I patted ds3 asleep. They were a bit noisy (like you I have 3 boys)but they just wanted mum.

Then I discovered that their favourite Tv shoes were excellent babysitters too.

And yes, the bassinet on wheels that helped too on days when I just was overwhelmed and had to rock him to sleep.

Good luck. It is hard work!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS does not listen about jumping on furniture. Have been harping on for so long and nothing changes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I found actions worked better than words. Every time one of mine got up on the couch I'd remove them and put them outside. Kind of like a cat. Sounds awful but eventually they got the message.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol @Sonja that made me laugh. To be honest I'm really scared of things devolving and me ending up yelling at DS2 all the time and him growing to resent his new brother.
    @twinklify I feel your pain! DS2 struggled with listening and although we have appropriate consequences and we act quickly it just seems like it doesn't connect with him or something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a very sturdy metal playpen and put ds2 in it. He sat in there on his play mat. Couldnt have survived without it for the first year.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a portacot set up in living area as a playpen. I also used a bassinet, pram, bouncer, and a highchair that reclines and is on wheels.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (30-08-2016)