Pax per room | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pax per room

I'm confused, looking at hotels resorts ( overseas no holiday units there) and the room occupancy states max3 but in the fine print it states 3 adults or room can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids ( being under 11) using existing bedding. It then states children will be charged small fee . ( this room shows up when I just put in two adults)
    When I put in 2 adults and 2 kids it only shows up the family suites at triple the price.

Do I book and just say two adults then email to advise the kids too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We encountered this when we travelled overseas last year. My advice is to call them. We got better deals this way and it also ensured there were the correct amount of beds (had a bad experience once!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

maternidade  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always call to arrange accommodation for ourselves and DD. It just seems easier because I agree the search results don't always seem to match what is actually available if children share a bed etc.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree to call or email (easier with time difference). We've found some places are super-accommodating, squeezing fold out beds and/or portacots into every inch of floorspace. Others are very much flat out no.

It depends on the type of place. Some don't particularly want noisy kids staying, so will do what they can to discourage it. Some are just trying to avoid the backpackers who try to squeeze as many into a room as possible, but are happy to fit more in when they know it's a family with young kids.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where abouts are you thinking of going ? I've just booked an o/s trip to Fiji next May for my family

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pax per room

They've probably set the rates up wrong on the website for combinations when children are involved.

Existing bedding is usually a sofa bed or similar. Which is why they'd only let 3adults in but 2 kids should theoretically fit on a sofa bed together.

Call or email them directly and specify the room that you're after.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We co sleep and the kids also have blow up sleeping bag beds so all we need is a King I did read stories about being stung when checking in so just wanted to see, I'll just email and see thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Where abouts are you thinking of going ? I've just booked an o/s trip to Fiji next May for my family
    Considering Thailand, so we can do some lazing by pools and some sightseeing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well our resort we have a King room with a sofa bed for one of our kids but the other is in a cot and it states 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 kids in exisiting bedding a cot isn't considered existing and they haven't said we will be charged for the cot if that is the case our eldest will sleep in with my folks. Where lazying around the shangri la for 10 nights

Look at the resorts where is states kids eat and stay for free in existing bedding as it can be confusing at the best of times. If your opting for a family suite it will be more costly compared to just a room with a sofa bed that is where they make the most money

If the plan is to just laze around the pool and you have a budget I'd just go for a room not a suite and spend your cash in luxuries outside of the room like massages etc

I took my eldest DS to Borneo 2.5yrs ago without DP and had to pay for him as an adult in the room as min was 2 people in the room if dp came it would of still been the same price as kids stay play and eat for free at that resort also

Look on luxury escapes and see if they have any deals as that is where we got our rooms. Friends have used them and not had an issue

14. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    It isn't a mistake. Just check their policies in fine print. If your kids are sharing your beds it shouldn't be a problem but email them for peace if mind. I lookedat a room when finding accommodation in HK and it was 2 single beds and said children 5 or under could stay free of charge in existing beds.