+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone pregnant and breastfeeding?

Hi all, new here. I'm currently 12 weeks pregnant and breastfeeding my (almost) 27 month old son. Bub #2 is due March 13th 2017. I have hopes of tandem feeding, but guess we'll have to play it by ear. I've heard many lose supply around 5 months gestation, and feel if that happens, by the time bub arrives, my son will be 2 years and 9 months and may not want to continue breastfeeding.

After anyone else's journeys, good and bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was still BFing ds1 until he was 18 months old, while I was pregnant with DS2. I didn't want to stop feeding but he just decided one day he didn't want it. I was 3 months along then, and I think around that point, the milk changes taste so it's common for babies/toddlers to self-wean?

Good luck with your journey, hopefully you'll get to tandem feed, but if not, you've done amazing to get this far!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

Nexcare99  (28-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was still feeding DS2 when I fell pregnant with DS3. I was hoping to tandem feed but my milk dried up at around 16 weeks. DS2 was 3.5 years and handled it really well - in fact it was him who realised I had no milk I didn't have a clue!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Nexcare99  (28-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm 15 weeks pregnant and still feeding my 21 month old DS. He's not showing any signs of stopping. I'm not planning on weaning him, so we'll keep going as long as I have milk and as long as he is interested!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Nexcare99  (28-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm currently 20 weeks into my second round of feeding during pregnancy. It's been much easier this time around. I tandem fed my first 2 for 10 months it was a really nice time for us all. I never dried up completely during the first time but my first was only a baby so I had to suppliment her with formula as she didn't have enough. This time I have much more milk than last time and my second is much older (she's 18months) so only needs 3 feeds a day. She is happy to feed although dislikes my right side so it tends to get sore and full without adequate emptying. I will hopefully tandem feed again if it pans out that way. Good luck on your journey it's one I have loved and cherished.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Soon2be4 For This Useful Post:

Nexcare99  (28-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone pregnant and breastfeeding?

I was BF my 2yo when I fell pregnant. I was also hoping to tandem, but supply dropped pretty quick around 8 weeks and DD self weened

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was BF my 18mo but in the process of weaning when suddenly he decided he was fine not having it, and boom, next day found out I was pregnant.