+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Excessive kicking when I lie on my side

I'm 27 weeks and I think baby is lying partly transverse as I can feel two bumps, one to the right slightly higher than my belly button (thinking it's the head because movements in this area are gentle), the other bump is to the left and just lower than my belly button (think this is the bum because it's where strongest kicks are felt).

In the past week or two I've noticed that when I lie on my right side particularly, baby starts kicking like mad on my left side! Especially in the past few days the kicks are actually very strong and frantic. I can't tell if baby is just having some fun and using my side as a trampoline or if there's a problem and its trying to let me know. I wasn't worried before until I put my husband's hand there and he freaked out and said he thinks I should sit up because the kicking was excessive.

Baby has been in this position pretty much since I could feel kicks at 18w, I have an anterior, slightly low lying placenta. Could it just a be that baby is now getting bigger and because of its position, lying on my side is a bit squashed for LO? Seeing my OB next week so will ask but thought I'd hear from others here if you experienced this.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Excessive kicking when I lie on my side

I don't know what's considered excessive but what you're describing is exactly what I was feeling and my Bub was transverse too. It's a lot less frantic now and I'm feeling movement lower so I think he must have moved (I'm 29+4). I don't think lying in a particular position is harming your baby, they just feel different sensations and respond. I would say what you're experiencing is normal
    Last edited by witherwings; 28-08-2016 at 18:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get that feeling if I lay on my tummy - I am 27 weeks as well, and still try to lie on my tummy to fall asleep most nights, but baby *does not* like it and kicks me until I roll over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I get this too. Bub is transverse and will kick or punch if I lay on my side too. You just feel it more when it's pressed up against something

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last bub was Transverse and I had a similar experience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, reassuring to hear it's probably just related to baby's position. I have a scan at 32 weeks to check placenta position so will see if LO has decided to move by then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsVZ For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (29-08-2016)