+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 5,4 and 2 year old. Atleast one of them will wake through the night every night and all are up at 5

It's annoying and I feel constantly tired. I can't imagine ever sleeping in ever again.

All I can suggest is go to bed earlier and just wanted to post so you know you're not alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    - Day nap? Maybe it's time to cut
    - cold? Can you get a heater?
    - comforter? Does your child have one?
    - boundaries? How are boundaries
    In Other areas of your child's life?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. No day nap and he says he just wants to be with me.. So a comfort thing I suppose but he does have his teddies he loves sleeping with too.

We both go to bed at 7pm so I'm thinking of making that an hour later and see if that changes things. He is always ready to fall asleep at 7 though.

Yeh the problem is him not going back to sleep himself. Not the waking I suppose that is fine if he needs a drink etc. but he will just cry and not settle himself.
    I will try putting him in his bed from tonight.. Maybe him being so close to me all the time is not helping. Would prefer he sleep until 7 but that's wishful thinking.. Maybe 630 be nice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is four almost five and we have been going through this for about two years.

He is in his own bed but was horrible to get to sleep.... Would get up and come out several times for about 1-2 hours when he fell asleep out of exhaustion and he would normally come in around 2am to declare he was scared and didn't like his bed.

For about a year we let him sleep at the other end of our bed (on top of the doona between us as he over heated being under the doona on our side)

I tried everything... Rewards, bribery, threats (not of violence obviously but if we were doing something the next day he really wanted to do I would say we couldn't do it if he was too tired)

He is finally - in the last month or 2 started sleeping consistently through the night. It's been a god send and we really did nothing different to get him to do it. I'm starting to notice his behaviour really improving as well...