14 month old waking multiple times at night | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hey if medical issues have been ruled out the best way to encourage sleeping through is to ensure the sleep environment remains consistent. Don't use an side to get bub to sleep (music/boob/dummy/patting/rocking) if that aide won't be there consistently through the night. Otherwise bub will stir between sleep cycles and think "wtf! Where is my boob/bottle/dummy!."

Can you amend your bedtime routine so bub is following eat/play/sleep more? Having at least 20 mins active play before bed is one of the best wags to encourage bub to sleep through.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lifesgood29  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    My DD2 (20 months) has NEVER slept th right the night. I am a wreck. I am too nervous tondo any form of CC as her room is so close to our neighbours and they already think we are the worlds noisiest family! The thing is, though, I know it works, as we did a pretty gentle version of it with DD1 and she slept through the night almost immediately when we started!
    Sorry to digress OP, but seriously tree girl, stuff the neighbours! If you think CC will help and you're comfortable with that, I would just do it. Your sleep, mental health and physical health is more important than your neighbours being disrupted for a couple of minutes on a couple of nights.

OP you never said, are you okay with CC? Have you considered it? I think the ideal CC window is between 6 and 18 months from memory.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Lifesgood29  (29-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (28-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    My DD2 (20 months) has NEVER slept th right the night. I am a wreck. I am too nervous tondo any form of CC as her room is so close to our neighbours and they already think we are the worlds noisiest family! The thing is, though, I know it works, as we did a pretty gentle version of it with DD1 and she slept through the night almost immediately when we started!
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Sorry to digress OP, but seriously tree girl, stuff the neighbours! If you think CC will help and you're comfortable with that, I would just do it. Your sleep, mental health and physical health is more important than your neighbours being disrupted for a couple of minutes on a couple of nights.

OP you never said, are you okay with CC? Have you considered it? I think the ideal CC window is between 6 and 18 months from memory.
    Also I don't think neighbours can hear as much as we may think. It is winter. Windows are closed. My neighbours are forever apologising fr their dogs and when their toddler cries. I do not hear a thing!

I agree with stuff the neighbours and do what you need to do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Lifesgood29  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never tried Cc, have just been trying Elizabeth Pantley's gentle Removal method..been a week, not working yet.
    She does have an active 20-30 mins ply just before we put her to bed. We were thinking maybe its over stimulating for her.
    We are now thinking of playing around with her bedtime. Now we start the bed time routine by 7:30-8 but its only at around 9 that she falls asleep. Maybe thats too late...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Definitely too late IMO. I would aim for not letting her nap longer than 2.5 hours and wake by 3pm and bed by 7, feed at 6:30 ( not in her room), then go in her room, get her dressed, sing a nursery rhyme or 2, read a book or 2, then down at 7 and make sure how you put her down each night is the same (whether that be the gentle removal method, pat shush or CC)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Lifesgood29  (01-09-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (29-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifesgood29 View Post
    She does have an active 20-30 mins ply just before we put her to bed. We were thinking maybe its over stimulating for her.
    The benefits of active play before bed (in encouraging self settling) are negated if bub is then fed to sleep.

To enaourage self settling 20-30 minutes active play after the last feed is needed.

Also with all the wriggling - perhaps look at room temp and bedding. Wriggling is a possible sign of cold.
    (My first bet would still be how bub falls asleep).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lifesgood29  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If she's not going to sleep until 8 or 9 at night then I would bet money that her wakings are from her being overtired. Babies and toddlers often sleep worse at night if they are overtired so I would work on bringing her bedtime to 6.30/7.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Lifesgood29  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Just wanted to update you on this.
    Thanks to you all brainstorming on the issue, I brought bedtime ahead by 7:30-8 pm and from the last 6 days, she has not waken up screaming and crying. She does wake up once or twice, but then goes back to sleep without making too much of a fuss.
    I can defintely see light at the end of the tunnel.
    Thanks again to this wonderful group of Mums who showed me the way! Really appreciate it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lifesgood29 For This Useful Post:

MissSparkles  (14-09-2016)