So mad!!! (Vent) | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    He's a subcontractor so I suppose he can hide what he earns? I just feel like CSA always say they're doing everything they can but clearly they aren't! It's just such a joke!! I'll start calling them more often, see if anything happens!
    The first $18000 is tax free for him and everything he buys for the business then some is tax deductible. He's working the system extremely well to pay that. My new DP is a subbie aswell but he is straight down the line with his business. Every job is invoiced to client etc so it's all legit. His business did $350k this last financial year but once all bills to running the business where deducted his income was $75k which isn't bad as its only been running for 2 yrs. Your X is obviously doing all cash work and any work he is doing legit he is keeping below the $70k sole trader to not pay gst

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Summerfun if he is self employed it is a nightmare getting anything out of them. The loopholes for the self employed are never ending.
    I have been trying to get decent CS out of my ex for 11.5 years with little result. He also can afford a $60,000 4x4 but can't pay CS.
    I would tell CS to stick it except if I do that my FTB will be cut off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Your child is a part of you. How can you discard a part of yourself and not care. And not visit. And not provide money to help raise your own child.
    The money isn't going to the child though. In reality every (douchebag ex husband) knows child support does not go the kids and is really designed for the exwife to sit at home in the lap of luxury, endless expensive haircuts, manicures and overseas holidays and they are well within their rights to avoid supporting such a lifestyle.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (27-08-2016),Wise Enough  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    The money isn't going to the child though. In reality every (douchebag ex husband) knows child support does not go the kids and is really designed for the exwife to sit at home in the lap of luxury, endless expensive haircuts, manicures and overseas holidays and they are well within their rights to avoid supporting such a lifestyle.
    It reminds me once of a post from Facebook where it was a picture of a female wearing new slippers and having a new manicure or something, accompanied by text saying something like "Well *bob* finally paid child support so I decided to splurge on some new boots and nails" and she got royally slammed by a whole bunch of blokes saying that she was a disgusting excuse for a human using his hard earned cash for herself etc. except it turns out she was 16 or something and his daughter. She referred to him by his name, not "Dad" and it was the first bit of child support he had paid her whole life or something and her mum gave it to her to spoil herself.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (27-08-2016),KitiK  (27-08-2016),VicPark  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Yes because it only costs $5 a week to house, clothe and feed a child! These people must have never looked after their children or surely they would understand how much stuff costs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am mad for you too. And all the parents who put up with douches of exes.

Your child is a part of you. How can you discard a part of yourself and not care. And not visit. And not provide money to help raise your own child.

I also thought that people cannot travel if they owe CSA? Or is it over a certain amount?
    Seemingly quite easily. Bio has not seen his child for 10 years. Child was 18 months or so when they saw each other last. And we have always lived within a couple of hours drive from each other. Bio just couldn't be bothered.