Hello Fresh | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hello Fresh

We are in our 3rd week of Hello Fresh and I really really really love it. I know the ingredients are more expensive than at the supermarket but I am saving money because I am not buying all the other stuff I don't need. I am cooking things I never would have thought to cook and every day the evening meal is planned. We get 5 meals a week and so far on average 2 are really delicious and 3 are ok - all better than sausage and veg!
    Its been a life changer for me because I was in a real rut with cooking and sick of all the meals I cooked, now I'm loving it again. All the ingredients are there so you can just start cooking and the recipes are so easy to follow.
    I reckon I could get a job as their sales person! Has anyone else used them?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (27-08-2016)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I looked into them but didn't try them because of some of the bad reviews.

I've recently started getting 2 x small fruit & vegie boxes delivered a week (by different local companies) and that has been great. Usually there is a few items in the box we wouldn't normally buy so I take it as a challenge to cook something yummy using it. It's been great as we were in a bit of a rut eating the same fresh foods week in week out. Love the convenience of getting it delivered!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (26-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've looked into it as well as a few other companies like Marly Spoon and Thomas Farm Kitchen.

My issue with Hello Fresh is you get whatever is going each week rather than pick your 3-4 meals. I don't eat seafood so it wouldn't suit us.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We use them on occasion and definitely will after Bub arrives. I find the meals decent most of the time. Only had a couple of real doozies.

It eliminates my need to think about what to cook or to go to the shop so in that respect its worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=AdornedWithCats;8554573]I looked into them but didn't try them because of some of the bad reviews.

i read bad reviews too, but found a lot were quite trivial. This week a lot of people didn't get one chicken stock cube and so many angry negative comments about one stock cube! I just used liquid stock from my pantry. I figure they are packing and delivering to hundreds of households around Australia so I'm happy to accept sometimes things stuff up. For $109 a week that feeds 2 people for 5 days and a lot of my lunches it's not a huge outlay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I've looked into it as well as a few other companies like Marly Spoon and Thomas Farm Kitchen.

My issue with Hello Fresh is you get whatever is going each week rather than pick your 3-4 meals. I don't eat seafood so it wouldn't suit us.
    i skipped a week that had pork and mushroom meals. Someone suggested you can switch to vegetarian on a week you don't like the classic box food. We never have fish so I see it as way to start eating it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I tried Thomas Farm Kitchen one week and the meals were all delicious.

Loved it. Everything was supplied too, the only thing you had to get from your pantry was salt and pepper...

So pricey though. I tried them with a 50% coupon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend was just telling me about hello fresh the other day! I might check them out. I've given up on cooking since all my pelvis issues popped up but it might be a good idea after Bub comes