+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hopefully she has other friends that have noticed things and are aware too

Never underestimate the value of whatever help and support you are able to give. Sometimes just a word at the right time can have lasting impact. Even if it does not seem noticed at the time down the track your friend may forever remember you

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

besha  (27-08-2016),SuperGranny  (29-08-2016),Tiny Dancer  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by besha View Post
    I didn't take her comment that way at all. Helping someone with a mental illness when you aren't trained to do so is a burden, even if you are doing it willingly. And she can only attempt to help - helping someone with a mental illness is not a given, particularly if they don't want to seek professional help. All she can do is try her best to steer her towards the appropriate services but ultimately it's up to her friend if she decides to engage with those services.
    Agreed. it is a burden. I would much rather she have told a professional as I'm put in a place where I would happily not be. I would rather just deal with myself and my new baby and family, but unfortunately life doesn't work that way. I am not going to ignore what she's told me; I am far from cold. I'm doing my best. If I had read a Facebook post from someone that was off or appeared as though they were suicidal(for example - im not on Facebook) I wouldn't ignore it, and I would like to think others wouldn't either.
    Last edited by SookiLala; 27-08-2016 at 11:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Hopefully she has other friends that have noticed things and are aware too

Never underestimate the value of whatever help and support you are able to give. Sometimes just a word at the right time can have lasting impact. Even if it does not seem noticed at the time down the track your friend may forever remember you
    thank you! So true

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, how's it going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    OP, how's it going?
    She's been texting and hasn't brought up how she's feeling again. We were supposed to go shopping but she's asked me to go over to hers this afternoon instead so I'll see how we go this afternoon. I'll let her bring up her feelings if she's comfortable talking about it. I don't want to ask incase she doesn't want to share.

Thanks for asking I'll be sure to keep you posted.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (01-09-2016),Tiny Dancer  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She seems a lot better than she was last week. She had even made lunch for me. Her baby really doesn't sleep much at all and will cry when she isn't in her arms, it's actually really trying to watch so I can understand her being tired etc. I lent her my fly tai because the moment she put her little one in it she slept and she slept for a good while.

Thanks
    Reviews
    God that must ne exhausting for her. My son didn't sleep much, and it really impacted on me. He also couldn't really be put down because he had reflux, so was always in pain.
    Just keep asking her every so often. She might be having a good day or even a run of good days. A well timed "hey, how are *you* really going?" can be all she needs to open up again.

Hopefully she goes out and buys her own, just for the ease and relief.

Thanks for the update. And for doing everything you have for a mumma in need 😊

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

SookiLala  (02-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for all your advice and validation. It's helped a lot! Xx

She does want to get her own carrier; so hopefully that will happen for her soon. She has a really lovely best friend as well who has been supporting her so I am sure if there is an issue she will be able to confide in her too.

I'll keep in touch with her just to see how things are going every now and again like you've suggested

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (02-09-2016)