+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I feel really bad asking for help all the time though, especially when it's so I can just go to the gym.
    Don't! We all need a break. Time for ourselves. And if the hour and the gym helps you through your day, it's worth it! Especially when you are getting so little sleep. You deserve a for even trying. Hopefully it is just a phase and things settle soon and you can get a more regular routine going. I never woke my babies either unless it was absolutely necessary as it just made the whole day so cr@p. Mine were good sleepers, but not not if I was late to put them down or got them up early. Sometimes a 10 minute delay was enough to have massive meltdowns and bad bad sleep patterns for a couple of days. So I followed their routines. People thought I was mad, and I got major hassles from the family for not fitting in with their plans, but they weren't the ones dealing with a crying baby/toddler half the night because we had disrupted their sleep pattern to do social things! So if they didn't come to us or work round us, we stopped going.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    Utilise your MIL then. She'd probably love the time with her grandkids...it's not 'just exercise,' it's one of the best things you can do for your health. I just had a week off exercise last week (just felt I needed a break), by the end of the week I had stopped sleeping well, I had become really lazy in day to day stuff (lack of motivation), my eating was not good (as I wouldn't want breakfast until late, which had a knock on effect for the rest of the day), and my toilet habits had changed. Ask your MIL if she'll have the kids three times a week for an bour and a half while you go exercise while your DS is in this phase and your DH isn't home to help. The worst she'll say is no.
    MIL already helps us a lot (she is already picking up DS1 from kindy today and having him overnight so I only have one child to worry about tonight), and is a very busy lady so I do think 3 X a week would be asking too much.

TBH it's probably got more to do with my need to feel like I can do this, I can get stuff done on my own (like so many women do) and I did expect things to be a bit easier now at nearly 7 months (when it was probably easier at 3 months). I wish I never joined the gym as I am not getting value since I struggle to get there once a week and still don't have Physio clearance to do any high impact exercise or weights (I didn't realise this when I joined at 6 weeks PP). I still exercise daily, it's just the 'me' time I am lacking, I feel angry that I can't get it together and just make it happen. I just feel like everything is constantly working against me and everything feels like such a freaking mission. And as a 2nd time mum, I shouldn't be finding it so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    MIL already helps us a lot (she is already picking up DS1 from kindy today and having him overnight so I only have one child to worry about tonight), and is a very busy lady so I do think 3 X a week would be asking too much.

TBH it's probably got more to do with my need to feel like I can do this, I can get stuff done on my own (like so many women do) and I did expect things to be a bit easier now at nearly 7 months (when it was probably easier at 3 months). I wish I never joined the gym as I am not getting value since I struggle to get there once a week and still don't have Physio clearance to do any high impact exercise or weights (I didn't realise this when I joined at 6 weeks PP). I still exercise daily, it's just the 'me' time I am lacking, I feel angry that I can't get it together and just make it happen. I just feel like everything is constantly working against me and everything feels like such a freaking mission. And as a 2nd time mum, I shouldn't be finding it so hard.
    Third time mum. Still can't get my **** together and the whole thing just sucks and is stupid hard. Gym pfft I can't even manage a walk outside each day with any consistency

Huge hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Third time mum. Still can't get my **** together and the whole thing just sucks and is stupid hard. Gym pfft I can't even manage a walk outside each day with any consistency

Huge hugs xx
    Thanks binni, I know you have it a thousand times harder than me! Hugs back at you xx

Just passed a woman (am out walking the pram) walking with a whinging crying toddler with snot ********* out his nose. We have each other the 'oh I know!' look and smile as we crossed paths. Some days we just need to accept this is as good as it's going to get. Here's hoping for better days just around the corner.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally sympathise with you @sunnygirl79. Whenever I read your posts... It's like we have the same child. Mine is 6 months old and a stage 5 clinger. Took him for a 30 minute walk in the pram today, cried all the way home. No reason.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (27-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to keep reminding myself today that my daughter is sick and this is why she's being the worlds biggest butt head. I don't often spend a whole day with her on my own and it does worry me for when I'm on parental leave next year but hopefully when she's not sick she'll be nicer to be with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is a douche sometimes. Because not listening to DS, putting the news on super loud so he does not hear DS is super helpful... at waking DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone else having issues with the app? It says there are no new posts, then when I click 'see posts in last 24hrs here' I get told I need to wait 3 seconds...no matter how long I wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Devastated by the lack of "STORM" last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am at a point in life where regular psychologist appointments are a necessity (I still see psychiatrists/case manager who is a psychologist/OT/social workers etc through the mental health unit and other support services but they want me keeping up with regular appointments with my private psychologist too). I need a new mental health plan for my next appointment from my GP who is by far the best doctor ever & I adore. The problem - the next available appointment with her is not until the end of November. Not because she is away or anything, but because she is just that busy. I don't want to have to change GPs. She knows me, knows my mental health history & life story, has a special interest in mental health (also works part time at an associated part of the mental health service I am treated by as well as headspace) and is by a long way the best doctor ever. But I can't wait that long for an appointment.