Closed Thread
Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    @Maxwellsmum mine are pretty bad. It is a solo mum with three boys. We had to endure about 2yrs of the middle son coming home in the middle of the night/early morning drugged out of his brain threatening to kill his family. Then they bought a dirt bike and have been riding it up and down the street doing burn outs my dd has colic quite bad and on a particularly bad arvo the 13yo cones home from school revs it up and then does burnouts in the backyard. Of course waking dd. I yelled at the kid over the fence to shut the f up he had just one the baby. He tells me to calm down man. The mother texts my dh saying she is ****ed at me for yelling at her son. It spirals to her calling me a bad mother and her eldest son telling my husband if he doesn't put me in my place and shut me up he'll show me what a ****ed if Italian/Turkish man will do!

I called the police who went to him and he said he never meant he was going to harm me- yeah right!

And through all of that my dh was just apologizing to them

Oh my yes they sound like mine, mayby they are related our fight began in the sane way when they were riding 4 wheelers up and down in front of our house. I went out and gestured asking them to ride in front of their own house instead of mine and "homer" tells me to shut up you stoopid biatch. Then the next day they are in front of my house with their whole family and some friends playing cricket. Hitting the ball into fence ect just absolute bully pigs. We had the police out too multiple times. He'd talk to them, they'd be good for a few weeks then boom they would start again.
    Has it all settled down now for you?

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Blossom74  (01-09-2016),Bongley  (01-09-2016),Chiefsgirl  (01-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    FWIW I ran out of presseries last year when I used to order them from Brisbane and Warren let me use crinone (that I had) instead to take me to the end of my 2ww.
    I also absorbed crinone fairly well. I do prefer the presseries though.
    At the end of the day they both do the same thing though with crinone you can get on with life with presseries you need to lay down for at least 30 mins ������or do the back door.

I see what you did there. Trying to sneak the back door action past me by adding it in at the end.

Not gonna happen!!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Bongley  (01-09-2016),Chiefsgirl  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by calypso75 View Post
    Going ok thanks Hun. I am at the end of my journey though. We did another round (our second) and had 3 embryos biopsied and all were abnormal. I just don't have the fight left me in anymore. Too many years, miscarriages and heartache.
    Massive hugs to you lovely We don't often let our minds drift to The End of the journey so I imagine once you find yourself there it must be a very emotional decision to have to make. Please know I am thinking of you

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Bongley  (01-09-2016),calypso75  (02-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (01-09-2016),Maxwellsmum  (01-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Massive hugs to you lovely We don't often let our minds drift to The End of the journey so I imagine once you find yourself there it must be a very emotional decision to have to make. Please know I am thinking of you
    This^^^ times 2 xo

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Blossom74  (01-09-2016),Bongley  (01-09-2016),calypso75  (02-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

sorry for for my absence, have had a tough few days - so needed to stay away from bh...got the official bfn as expected... And managed to get a quick appointment with Fs..

so I had 1/7 fertilise this time (usually we get 50%), Fs said it's because the eggs were 'soft' this time and that its age related.. I've googled this and can only find 2 stories about this & neither women were over 40.. Anybody else been told they have soft eggs since it's apparently an over 40's thing? It's just strange I can't find any info about it. Any thoughts/experience to share would be greatly appreciated.

2 months ago my eggs weren't soft and I got bfp but later m/c. She thinks the quality may have declined in this time frame. (I'm 42 btw). I was put on a different protocol this time (flare - puregon and synarel from day 2) but she says this has nothing to do with the quality or soft eggs.

She wasn't very hopeful about our chances moving forward which we found odd after only 2 cycles. Regardless we are trying another antagonist cycle in October for project sibling (as this worked the first time). Anyway feeling pretty sad about it tbh, wasn't expecting her to throw in the towel so quickly I guess. Anyone else have any similar experiences?

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-09-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Blossom74  (01-09-2016),Caesardust  (01-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (01-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (01-09-2016),LillyM  (01-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 I too had no issues with the crinone. First time I used it I did it before going to bed and did have the crinone build up. This time I was told to have first thing in the morning and dinner time and walk around for a bit to help it absorb - and I've had no build up.

I found the endometrin made me bleed before my bt last cycle which I later m/c so I obviously don't absorb that one too well and never want to go on it again, but everyone's different. I also had extreme nausea and headaches on the endometrin and I lost 2kg in the 2ww. When I started bleeding they moved me to the progesterone pessaries 400mg x6 per day - I hated having to lye down, and I found the discharge from them horrible. When my hcg went up and I was still bleeding I then went onto pio shots - very painful, and my leg was still sore a month after using them!!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Blossom74  (01-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Charlie74 for your bt tomorrow
    @LillyM sorry you got a bfn (did you get your bt), I was really hoping this would work out for you
    @BlondeinBrisvegas hope your dd's teeth have settled down and that she at least enjoyed opening her presents
    @Caesardust are you still in sa? Or on your way home?

@Cheifsgirl and @Maxwellsmum gosh you poor things with those Neighbours - bad ones can make such a negative impact to your everyday life

I can't remember everyone's individual posts as I had a fair bit of catching up to do!! But I'm wishing the best for each and everyone of you xx

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Grace1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Blossom74  (01-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (01-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (01-09-2016),LillyM  (01-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    Hi ladies,

sorry for for my absence, have had a tough few days - so needed to stay away from bh...got the official bfn as expected... And managed to get a quick appointment with Fs..

so I had 1/7 fertilise this time (usually we get 50%), Fs said it's because the eggs were 'soft' this time and that its age related.. I've googled this and can only find 2 stories about this & neither women were over 40.. Anybody else been told they have soft eggs since it's apparently an over 40's thing? It's just strange I can't find any info about it. Any thoughts/experience to share would be greatly appreciated.

2 months ago my eggs weren't soft and I got bfp but later m/c. She thinks the quality may have declined in this time frame. (I'm 42 btw). I was put on a different protocol this time (flare - puregon and synarel from day 2) but she says this has nothing to do with the quality or soft eggs.

She wasn't very hopeful about our chances moving forward which we found odd after only 2 cycles. Regardless we are trying another antagonist cycle in October for project sibling (as this worked the first time). Anyway feeling pretty sad about it tbh, wasn't expecting her to throw in the towel so quickly I guess. Anyone else have any similar experiences?

For me (I'm 42) I was told my eggs were 'dark.' And I know of some women's eggs who basically just collapsed when they tried to ICSI them. The sad reality is that as we get older our eggs age and the quality of them gets poorer. That's not to say you can't be lucky and find a golden egg, but it's just that that golden egg becomes harder to find.

It was explained to me in ping pong ball analogy. Imagine a fish tank filled with 100 blue ping pong balls and 10 red ones. The blue ones are good eggs, and the red ones are bad eggs. At 20 years old, if you were to reach in a scoop out an egg from the tank you would probably pull out a blue one - a good egg.

Now imagine the tank filled with 100 red balls and 10 blue ones. Blue ones are good, and red ones are bad. At 40+, when you reach into the tank the odds are slim that you will pull out a blue ball, right?

Like I said, it's not impossible to pull out that blue ball. It can and does happen! But it can just take a lot more bites at the cherry to be able to find it. And therein lies the problem. For us, we didn't have the money to keep trying and failing, so we are now pursuing the donor egg route. I choose to fill my tank with blue balls again!

How many more times you want to try is up to you! If you current FS won't support you in trying with your own eggs, change clinics. At 42 there are plenty who will happily take your case on. Until YOU are happy to give up, don't. Life is too short for regrets. But when the time comes that you are comfortable to consider donor eggs, don't let your clinic talk you into doing one more shot either. Whatever happens, it has to be YOUR decision

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),Btae  (01-09-2016),Caesardust  (01-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (01-09-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (01-09-2016),Grace1  (01-09-2016),LillyM  (01-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I did Crinone for one cycle but have never done the pessaries. The other concern I have regarding the pessaries is that they will be hard for me to get hold of. Pretty sure the local chemist out in the middle of whoop whoop doesn't stock them! I know Kee tends to prescribe them fairly often though....
    You'll be on the Gold Coast pre EPU won't you so you can get a compounding chemist there to make up pessaries if required. I'm surprised she hasn't let you know which one she's popping you on. It's reassuring to have all the meds ready to go before the cycle I reckon. Or maybe that's just neurotic me!
    I think I have progesterone covered x 4 this cycle...natural progesterone, Pregnyl which triggers empty follicles to produce progesterone I believe, Gestone injections and Provera tablets. Overkill much?!! I'll be a teary, angry, shouty mess. I'll have to set up lots of play dates for DS. Try as I may, I won't be a very pleasant Mumma, and I find that really upsetting.
    (Sorry, I mentioned DS.)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-09-2016),Grace1  (01-09-2016),tuxcat  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    You'll be on the Gold Coast pre EPU won't you so you can get a compounding chemist there to make up pessaries if required. I'm surprised she hasn't let you know which one she's popping you on. It's reassuring to have all the meds ready to go before the cycle I reckon. Or maybe that's just neurotic me!
    I think I have progesterone covered x 4 this cycle...natural progesterone, Pregnyl which triggers empty follicles to produce progesterone I believe, Gestone injections and Provera tablets. Overkill much?!! I'll be a teary, angry, shouty mess. I'll have to set up lots of play dates for DS. Try as I may, I won't be a very pleasant Mumma, and I find that really upsetting.
    (Sorry, I mentioned DS.)

I'm expecting a call from their egg donor coordinator today hon so I will know more soon! And yep, I'll be up on the GC with lots of time to spare so I'll be able to organise whatever I need while I'm there. Actually that reminds me, I need to go do a BT this morning. Vampires, here I come

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-09-2016),faithandhopellove  (01-09-2016),Grace1  (01-09-2016),winsor  (01-09-2016)