+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default What do you look forward to?

Because a few of us are struggling at the moment - what moments/experiences are you looking forward to sharing with your child/ren in the future?

Mine are:

Reading DS the Harry Potter books the SECOND he is old enough.

Taking DS overseas next year - at this stage Hong Kong (Disneyland!!) and Singapore, then a cruise from Singapore down to Perth.

DS learning to read and write, and hopefully to play an instrument.

Buying his first school uniform.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (25-08-2016),sunnygirl79  (25-08-2016),Yogis Mumma  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The day they strip their own crop by themselves without DH helping.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha ha, I saw the title of this thread and had my answer all prepared, it was going to read: wine, bedtime, showering and eating chocolate when my kids aren't looking

Then I opened your thread and realised my answer wasn't really what you were looking for!

Its going to sound really corny but honestly everything! I love that every day is a new experience for kids, they are always discovering something for the first time and everything is exciting. Even when they drive me nuts I can't help but find my kids enthusiasm for something new contagious.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-08-2016),Marchbundle  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Travelling...around australia would be good for them to see.

Theme parks...qld and hopefully disneyland.

Welcoming another sibling.

Welcoming another family pet.

Auskick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post

Reading DS the Harry Potter books the SECOND he is old enough.
    haha I can definitely relate to this But also looking forward to Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz, Narnia series, The Never-Ending Story, and probably a few more that I've forgotten before getting to HP!

I'm looking forward to when DS is old enough to start asking interesting questions about the world that I can answer (can finally put that science degree to use!). All he asks now is "Biscuit? Wiggles? …More biscuit?"

And similar to books - we're looking forward to when he can play video games with us, and introducing him to all those other worlds too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm looking forward to more travel with my kids...my favorite thing to do!
    I'm also looking (a long way) forward to see what they do with there lives...what direction they will take

Thanks
    Reviews
    Travelling with my my DS at Xmas time to qld for a few weeks.

Not having to work over the Xmas/Summer school holidays. Haven't had one of these off since I started working 24 yrs ago.

Fiji next year for my 40th

What new DS first word is going to be. I'm doing the same thing I did when I had had his older DS

What more DS hair is going to be like. Older DS has curls ! So hoping for this aswell

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What do you look forward to?

Watching disney movies together on a lazy afternoon (dd1 still doesn't have the attention span

Girls nights in when dh is away to paint our nails and do other girlie things

Picking them up from school, returning to a clean/organised house and talking about their days

Christmas!!!!!

Watching the girls play together and having sleepovers in each other's beds (dd1 is so keen)

Wii bowling

Having dd1 (and most likely dd2) eat a family meal I prepared.... And actually like it

Eta: I love it when they can kiss you and say I love you. Can't wait for dd2 to do this
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 25-08-2016 at 07:11.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-08-2016),babybeeno1  (25-08-2016),babyno1onboard  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Conversation. Proper, regular conversation about whatever. DS1 is already there (6) but DS2 still struggles to hold a full conversation that's not based on imaginary stuff, like him being a superhero fireman (4). That being said, I love the ages they are now. One at school so he's doing "big kid" stuff and one still little enough to want to be cuddled to sleep on occasion (like last night when he was "sad" ).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Taking the kids tripping around Sri Lanka, Japan and somewhere Disney but haven't decided where yet. When my son is older, having him learn to dive and being able to take him for a scuba, shopping for my daughters first school uniform, seeing my son play in his first grand final, Christmas concert at my daughters daycare. Lots and lots of things.