Bali?? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bali??

So we've never been to Bali as its never really appealed to us...maybe we are just snobs and should get over ourselves.

We are thinking of taking a week and we wanted to go somewhere and everyone seems to go to Bali.

Tell me all about it

Pros/cons

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Going in 10 days ! First time ... Are you on Facebook? I joined many Bali groups on FB got great tips and hints and ideas !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been a few times and disliked it every time and vowed never to return... I think you're initial instinct was spot on 😂

If you do go, best to avoid staying in Kuta as it's the party hub and very noisy, polluted and full of drunk and high people. Hopefully others on here have some good ideas for places to stay. I've heard Ubud is nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I'm a snob like you I'm avoiding it because of the Aussie stuff ATM

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I admit my snobbiness. I have never wanted to go. Still don't. DH doesn't really want to either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been there once..wont go back. Yes there are some nice places to see but meh....after the executions.....have no love for the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love Bali! Been heaps of times. Where to stay really depends on what kind of holiday you want. Nusa Dua has a lot of beautiful resorts if you want to laze around next to a pool and not do much else. There's not much else there besides resorts.

Tuban/Kuta/Legian is where a lot of the night life is but it's also where a lot of the family friendly stuff like waterbom park is. There are quite a few hotels in the area good for families too.

I prefer staying around the Seminyak/Kerobokan area, it's a bit quieter, there's nicer restaurants and shops in that area. Having said that, if I was going with kids I'd probably stay in the Kuta area just because it's closer to the stuff I'd likely do with kids. Taxis aren't expensive (as long as you get a metered one - check before you get in. The light blue ones are good) but easier to limit the time in them I think.

Don't drink tap water, buy bottles from the supermarket or convenience store.

If you have an entertainment book, there are Bali vouchers in it too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went for the first time last year after feeling much like you OP.

I really enjoyed our holiday, we stayed in a villa in Seminyak and then went down to Nusa Dua for the last few night.

For me I loved that there was heaps of choice for where to eat or go for an afternoon drink, I didn't feel stuck in the one place, which was how I found Fiji.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went once for 5 days - don't rate it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bali is my second home, I work there & spend a few months a year there. It totally depends what type of holiday you are after - I've never been to the beach tourist areas but stick to Ubud which I love. It's a real health / spirit / food / arts community & not as touristy as some of the other areas. You can still do day trips to other areas but I enjoy the friendly people & community up in the hills :-)