Greenslope vs Mater Mother vs Wesley | Page 3 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Love Greenslopes, they do have a special care unit.
    Being transferred is no different than if you were public and had to be transferred
    Thanks. I do love the new maternity unit at Greenslope. One of my friend had just delivered the baby there . She was so impressive by the food menu and furnished room( weirdo haha).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy8209 View Post
    The traffic is another concern. The only way to Mater is drive through Moggil Road and coronation drive which are the busiest road in the west. No need to say Mater is located in south bank, traffic jam in the city is always my nightmare.
    However, there will be all highway to Greenslope. So,hun, do you think this will be the problem?
    Traffic can be a pain anywhere though. Chances are it would only be a pain if you had to go during peak hour, and realistically that would only be for an hour or so in the morning. The freeway can be pretty ****e as well, particularly in the afternoons. Peak hour seems to be starting earlier and earlier. Personally I wouldn't choose where you birth based solely on traffic to get there. Sure, it's a consideration, but I would suggest your primary focus be on 1. The obstetrician you want, what they stand for and how they can help you achieve the birth you want and 2. The hospital and facilities you deliver at. Chances are your baby will be fit, well and healthy when they're born, and if they're not then you can cross that bridge when you come to it. Every hospital has its pros and cons, but what you consider most important may not be something that the next person considers most important.

For example, a patient I cared for gave my hospital a scathing review because she hated the food (I mean it's hospital food, it's not going to be like a home cooked meal). Not once did she mention the care that she received where myself and another midwife spent about 3hrs sorting out her uncontrollable pain, didn't push an issue that was against hospital policy because it was more important to us to get her pain under control.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant haha. My point is only you know what you truly want. Work out what's important to you and go from there Try not to get too far ahead of yourself either. Delivering at a hospital with a NICU is only important if you have a baby that needs it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (24-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Traffic can be a pain anywhere though. Chances are it would only be a pain if you had to go during peak hour, and realistically that would only be for an hour or so in the morning. The freeway can be pretty ****e as well, particularly in the afternoons. Peak hour seems to be starting earlier and earlier. Personally I wouldn't choose where you birth based solely on traffic to get there. Sure, it's a consideration, but I would suggest your primary focus be on 1. The obstetrician you want, what they stand for and how they can help you achieve the birth you want and 2. The hospital and facilities you deliver at. Chances are your baby will be fit, well and healthy when they're born, and if they're not then you can cross that bridge when you come to it. Every hospital has its pros and cons, but what you consider most important may not be something that the next person considers most important.

For example, a patient I cared for gave my hospital a scathing review because she hated the food (I mean it's hospital food, it's not going to be like a home cooked meal). Not once did she mention the care that she received where myself and another midwife spent about 3hrs sorting out her uncontrollable pain, didn't push an issue that was against hospital policy because it was more important to us to get her pain under control.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant haha. My point is only you know what you truly want. Work out what's important to you and go from there Try not to get too far ahead of yourself either. Delivering at a hospital with a NICU is only important if you have a baby that needs it.

Thanks so much sweetie. I agree with what you said above. Truly, OB first then hospital then traffic....Sometime i just think too much before doing. and I am always torn if there are many options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow, that is amazing. good to hear that.
    Did you have the IVF with Ross Turner as well?
    Hi, no we didn't use Ross for IVF, but friends did and they loved him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks. I do love the new maternity unit at Greenslope. One of my friend had just delivered the baby there . She was so impressive by the food menu and furnished room( weirdo haha).
    The food ( and "room service" ) is unbelievable and the rooms feel like a hotel, I still have to correct my self and say hospital not hotel.
    Why not book a tour of each place and see what vibe you get